Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

From Interlocking to Natural: My Dreadlock Journey

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

-you can do whatever feels right just remember you will have to deal with wet hair for long periods in freezing cold weather

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

This is true, which is why I'm trying to keep it to once a week, I guess I'll just have to work using a shower cap into my routine, so that my dreads won't get wet, but I still shower often, LOL....although I do often feel like once I wash the rest of me I do want to at least get my hair wet, if not actually wash it.

updated by @ravens-light: 11/05/16 02:57:33PM
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I ended up washing my hair today, as it seems to be potentially more convenient than tomorrow, as my time is a little more unclear. I have been trying to transition my washing routine to once a week, and it hasn't been going as smoothly as I had hoped. So I was wondering what a good way to transition a washing routine is? I've been washing roughly every 5-6 days so far, and have found just abruptly washing on the 7th, hasn't worked out....not to mention the cold weather being an issue. So any advice on how to make this transition easier and hopefully quickly? 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

just wait till it feels ok to wait another day you don't have to rush it

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ok,  good to know. As this week my scalp was pretty itchy most days last week and today, so I washed my hair. Well, that and it seemed more convenient today.

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Today marks 3 years 6 moths, I had hoped my gap would be totally sealed up by this point. I posted photos on my profile of the progress. I might post them here too, but that seemed a little redundent. 

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I ended up washing my hair twice this week due to it being itchy yesterday and today being the best time for me to wash it with my new job's current schedule, but the bigger reason was because A) I felt like my hair needed to be washed as it felt overly dry and beaten up from the cold weather as of last night and B) I am fighting off a cold and needed a hot shower and figured now was a good time to wash my hair. I can now totally see why it would be more difficult to wash dreads often in the cold months, so next week I am most likely going back to washing once a week. 

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I have a question that seems rather elementary, is it better to dedicate one day of the week as your dread washing day or just to pick the day that you have the time to do it regardless of the fact that it could be exactly a week since your last time you washed your dreads or if it's been a little longer than that? I sort of ask this because I had washed my hair twice this week, Sunday and today, I'm trying to get to only once a week, but I sort of felt like I needed the extra wash, but I'm wondering if I sort of set my scalp's oil production back a bit in terms of getting it to need to be washed only once a week? I hope I'm just wrong on this matter.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

well not sure my answer will be much better then the question haha (and do you realize this discussions 21  pages long with at least  18 of those pages being about what days ok to wash/hehe)

okso, what you do in a weeks not as important as what you do week by week over months

so if you generally keep it at 6-7 days but  this week do 4 or 9  those lil  variations won't matter as much as the generaltrend

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Alright. Sounds like I'm on the right track then. I do wonder when some of the odder looking parts of my dreads will shrink up? I still have some crazy looking loops in my hair, I mean I like them so it doesn't really matter, but I would have thought that by now 3.5 years old, these wouldn't be as present....and yes the humor that the common thread of this discussion is about days for washing isn't lost on me. I now won't have to ask that question LOL. 

/ 29

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form