☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

prertty much what i expected

you rock

by the way

i threw this together late last night i credited you ..and jay in the credits

as far as washing i assume you want him washing much more? possibly try the www.dreadlockshampoo.com bar

heres the vid i threw together i think it will help deter others already had a few stop interlocking and twisting the very 1st day!

Panterra Caraway said:

At this point, I suggested peppermint to stimulate the scalp. The peppermint would serve two functions...1. to keep the scalp blood flow up and 2. to help with sebum production in a gentle way. He related to me that he is only shampooing about once a month. So, I know that the scalp will most likely have some build up, even if the actual hair itself is dry. Cayenne is being used in more ways all the time, especially with beauty products...but, in his delicate state, I don't want to go the cayenne route. I also do not want him using any BS until his hair and scalp are stronger. I am working on a reply to his PM...I also suggested some hair, skin, and nail supplements...these wouldn't hurt. He told me he got some biotin...these are all hair building blocks and can be highly effective :)

soaring eagle said:

thank you panterra i learn more from you all the time

i dont know why i didnt think of massage

question

and this may not be a great idea for a couple reasons but

if the goal is to increase bloodflow to the scalp

cayan

cayan in water op][ooiured on or massagesd in will get thr blood flowing to the scalp

but

its cayan rinsing near eyes..ouch

if its left on and in contact with skin too long can cause boils

if its hard to rinse oi=ut for any reason it might be annoying at least

but

as an option in tye areas where theres wide gaps and very lil haitr a touch up job just on those areas..would that be a good or bad idea

im not suggesting it..yet without panteeras approval just thinking alowed since cayan does bringthe bloodflow closer to the skins surface very effectively

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jay Simmons
@jay-simmons
12 years ago
17 posts

So, how often should I wash my hair and what is a good shampoo? Also, I dry my hair under a dryer, Is that safe or not? How should I dry it? I started taking the Biotin today and from hear on. What is Cayan and I got conflicting stories from SE & Panterra...do I use this or not? Now, with the essential oils, do I only use peppermint or can it be a mixture of different oils? If so, what types? I just don't want to go and buy anything that I don't need. What to do when the new growth starts? My habit will be to twist, but need to know actually what to do? I will put up another video and a few weeks or once I start with all the products needed to start this repair process. Help me with my shopping list...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

cayan is a very hot pepper its overkill in this case i was thinking allowed not suggesting

peppermint would be fgreat

possibly jojoba or alow=e but ask panterra 1st

or almond

but let her suggest those

now

wash weekly at the least! 2 times a week 3 times a week

these www.dreadlockshampoo.com

the bars

when u wash if u can air or drip druy i would or if u must blow use a blow dryer nit 1 or-=f the 1;s you suit under and move it quickly around and dont try to get it all dry real fast

do quick bursts just to get it lil dryer then wait to do aqnother

dont get it totaly dry by blowing either let it be slightly damp and let air do the rsest

just while damp or wet dont tie it up or put in a hat till it is real drty then do so

and finaly

when new growth griows in do 1 thing

celebrw==ate! rejoice! yiou survives! (if u wanna donarte a few bucks to the site u can hehe but not nesacary)

then let it dread all by itself as it grows in

it will get lik scruffy cover up the bald spots then u shoukld see baby dreads form as they get lil longer and thicker

the day u find the 1st baby you will know we pulled off a miricle practicly

--
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
12 years ago
667 posts

Absolutely! SE is correct! When the new growth comes in you need to rejoice that time is healing this unfortunate situation! Woo! As for washing...yes, atleast 2-3 times a week. Take your washings as another oppurtunity to massage. But, be extra careful while hair is wet, it is very fragile! The shampoo bars SE is suggesting are a great choice. As for oils, as I said privately, SE is more knowledgeable with those in my opinion...but, you should include peppermint for sure, and maybe also lavender (since it is relaxing, it will help keep you mellow and that effects your scalp too!). You can make a little cocktail of a few oils that smell nice together and act as medicine to your scalp. Please be sure that these are essential olis and not perfumey synthetic oils. You could use peppermint and lavender oil, do your massage...blot out any excess oil...and then, apply some pure aloe. That would be really great! I would also purchase a sham-wow or micro-fiber towel. You can get them for not too much cash...they work great and it will cut your dryer time. I would really watch that dryer...short bursts as stated :)

soaring eagle said:

cayan is a very hot pepper its overkill in this case i was thinking allowed not suggesting

peppermint would be fgreat

possibly jojoba or alow=e but ask panterra 1st

or almond

but let her suggest those

now

wash weekly at the least! 2 times a week 3 times a week

these www.dreadlockshampoo.com

the bars

when u wash if u can air or drip druy i would or if u must blow use a blow dryer nit 1 or-=f the 1;s you suit under and move it quickly around and dont try to get it all dry real fast

do quick bursts just to get it lil dryer then wait to do aqnother

dont get it totaly dry by blowing either let it be slightly damp and let air do the rsest

just while damp or wet dont tie it up or put in a hat till it is real drty then do so

and finaly

when new growth griows in do 1 thing

celebrw==ate! rejoice! yiou survives! (if u wanna donarte a few bucks to the site u can hehe but not nesacary)

then let it dread all by itself as it grows in

it will get lik scruffy cover up the bald spots then u shoukld see baby dreads form as they get lil longer and thicker

the day u find the 1st baby you will know we pulled off a miricle practicly

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
12 years ago
667 posts

Nice video! And thank you SE for the credit...you rock too! :) You know I love this communityand I hope I contribute in a positive way. I have spent my life learning and trying to educate everyone about their hair. I feel strongly that although there are "hair experts" who possess alot of knowledge and skill...no one should be held captive by any so called professional. Everyone should know the truth and be clear on how to best care for their hair or locks. Much love<3

soaring eagle said:

prertty much what i expected

you rock

by the way

i threw this together late last night i credited you ..and jay in the credits

as far as washing i assume you want him washing much more? possibly try the www.dreadlockshampoo.com bar

heres the vid i threw together i think it will help deter others already had a few stop interlocking and twisting the very 1st day!

Panterra Caraway said:

At this point, I suggested peppermint to stimulate the scalp. The peppermint would serve two functions...1. to keep the scalp blood flow up and 2. to help with sebum production in a gentle way. He related to me that he is only shampooing about once a month. So, I know that the scalp will most likely have some build up, even if the actual hair itself is dry. Cayenne is being used in more ways all the time, especially with beauty products...but, in his delicate state, I don't want to go the cayenne route. I also do not want him using any BS until his hair and scalp are stronger. I am working on a reply to his PM...I also suggested some hair, skin, and nail supplements...these wouldn't hurt. He told me he got some biotin...these are all hair building blocks and can be highly effective :)

soaring eagle said:

thank you panterra i learn more from you all the time

i dont know why i didnt think of massage

question

and this may not be a great idea for a couple reasons but

if the goal is to increase bloodflow to the scalp

cayan

cayan in water op][ooiured on or massagesd in will get thr blood flowing to the scalp

but

its cayan rinsing near eyes..ouch

if its left on and in contact with skin too long can cause boils

if its hard to rinse oi=ut for any reason it might be annoying at least

but

as an option in tye areas where theres wide gaps and very lil haitr a touch up job just on those areas..would that be a good or bad idea

im not suggesting it..yet without panteeras approval just thinking alowed since cayan does bringthe bloodflow closer to the skins surface very effectively

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

pepermint rosemary lavender good choices rosemary is suposed to help hair growth and strength i beklieve

that mountain rose herbs link bottom of the left com=]llumn go to the site maybe even call them they are great and tell em you want essentiak[l oils ..those 3 and explain the condition ask what else they might recomend

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

and panterra was my pleasure

the vid it took hours to get it sent to me right haha and akll thast time i was getting more and more inspured for what i wanted to do

i think it worked well but 1 or 2 of the text captions could have been a sec or so longer..flashed too quickly

other then that i think it came out well and right away it convinced several ppl to stop twisting and interlocking

--
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
12 years ago
667 posts

The twisting is such a wide spread problem! As you know, my two daughters are also dreading and the first thing they are always told is "If you don't twist, you won't end up with dreads!" My daughter Hayven's teacher has never had dreads, but because she is African American, she claims to be some kind of dread expert. She has repeatedly told my daughter that without twisting and wax, dreads are not possible! I can't wait to have a conference with this woman!!! It is very sad, because other kids at my daughter's school want dreads too and they choose to take the word of an adult over another kid (my daughter). Hayven has talked and talked, even recommended the site...but these kids are brainwashed :(

soaring eagle said:

the vid it took hours to get it sent to me right haha and akll thast time i was getting more and more inspured for what i wanted to do

i think it worked well but 1 or 2 of the text captions could have been a sec or so longer..flashed too quickly

other then that i think it came out well and right away it convinced several ppl to stop twisting and interlocking

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

oh god set her straight before she ruinds so many poor kids heads!

Panterra Caraway said:

The twisting is such a wide spread problem! As you know, my two daughters are also dreading and the first thing they are always told is "If you don't twist, you won't end up with dreads!" My daughter Hayven's teacher has never had dreads, but because she is African American, she claims to be some kind of dread expert. She has repeatedly told my daughter that without twisting and wax, dreads are not possible! I can't wait to have a conference with this woman!!! It is very sad, because other kids at my daughter's school want dreads too and they choose to take the word of an adult over another kid (my daughter). Hayven has talked and talked, even recommended the site...but these kids are brainwashed :(

soaring eagle said:

--
Red Dreemz
@red-dreemz
12 years ago
5 posts
whew after seeing this post I am happy that I stopped re-twisting my dreads bi-weekly as recommended.. I have been growing for a 1yr and 1/2 and notice 8 months into that is was weakening my hair... this is scary thank you for posting this.. now I have proof to share with others that re-twisting is ridiculous and can cause a great deal of damage.. if i do re-twist my hair it is once every few months just so I can see progress since my hair is naturally curly its hard to see the growth,, Thank you again for posting this,
updated by @red-dreemz: 07/23/15 07:03:36PM

/ 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form