Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Lice help please

Alyssa Yuldybaeva
@alyssayul
13 years ago
35 posts

Ok I will try to find neem seed oil, if I don't I'll just keep on doing the same procedure every 3 days :(

updated by @alyssayul: 07/23/15 06:21:38PM
Christina2
@christina2
12 years ago
1 posts

Hope this works... Sitting here looking like a tool with cling wrap on my head. ;P

Thanks Soaring Eagle.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

put a white sheet down under you when you take it off and shake your head

u will see clear proof its working by the raining of dead bugs covering the sheet

it is possivble to miss a few if you werent thourough (i didnt use the plastic wrap except 1 time) so may bneed more tghen 3 tries

but

if u do get all or nearly all the adults each time u will break the birth cycle and be 100% clear in 9 days ..provided u dont reinfest from other fam members or contact with anything in the house that wasnt treatted or cleaned

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

it will work yea anything that prevents them from breathing but olive oil is hard to remove from dreads whehn you sarturate emn and its very conditioning so will leave your dreads slippery slimy oily ahnd if not very mature may w=remi=ove all progress

alcahols harsher it stinbgs but steralizes it rinses out clean and doesnt condition (may dry the hair and tighten knots even) u dont gotta saturate tyhe dreads either since it doesnt clog the breathing hols just the fumes are toxic to breathe and kills enm des as soon as they breathe it

mayonese pancake batter vasaikle anything thick and goopy will clog the breathing hols si=o theyt die but anything thick and goopy will be a pain to get out of dreasds

Britany said:

i lived in a group home and ended up with lice and we had to pour olive oil on our heads then covered it with a shower cap. i think we left it on for a day.

--
Andres2
@andres2
12 years ago
70 posts

now i know what to do, im sure ill get them someday. thanks soaring eagle

Fish
@fish
12 years ago
13 posts

I was freakin out until I say this post, I was sure that my lovely locks would be toast. SE you truly are the dread genie and you have granted my wish of keeping a part of my life

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i almost thought the same but was determined to find a solution when i was out in tulsa i got em bad so i found a way to kill em safely

everyone on here helped steer me in the right direction but had to find the solution by searching searching searching and found a site that lists home remedies and alows reviews of them so you can see what people tried and how often it worked for them and thats how i got rid of em and was able to help others after

--
Tara3
@tara3
11 years ago
4 posts

Thanks for the advice as well. I am fighting lice right now as well. I did an alcohol treatment 2 weeks ago but didn't redo it long enough I don't think. I did it every 2 days for a week. This time I am going to do it for a WHILE just to be sure. I really don't want to cut these off. I did a vinegar treatment last night, soaked them for 30 min in a bucket of undiluted vin, wrapped my head and then slept with that on. Woke up and washed this morning and washed those bugger out. Now I am going to do the alcohol and I made some Neem Oil shampoo. I am up for the battle.

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

The big part of getting rid of them is to wash everything. Carpets, furniture, clothes, towels...pillows blankets...everything. If it cannot be washed (like stuffed animals) bag it up in trash bags and put it in the basement or attic (somewhere that no one will be around it) for a couple of months. If this is not done...you will just keep getting them back. Also the treatment to your head should be done every 3 days not just once. Good luck with it.

Tara3
@tara3
11 years ago
4 posts

Thanks Taye, I appreciate it. I am setting about washing everything today. I did last time as well but my kids are in school and we always get those dreaded (no pun intended) letters home about someone having lice ! This was always my fear, but I am ready for a fight. Luckily we have no carpet and only fake leather furniture (kids have asthma) so everything is wipeable. I will keep at it and soaking every 3 days for a long while I think !

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form