Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Can't wait until Tuesday!!!

Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
yeah hey u said a local? do u mean loctician? or wat? cause im from the burgh and ive got a couple friends in the styling industry and none of us ever heard of any locticians in the area (aside from one specializing in afro hair which im not being prejudice but usually they are pretty clueless as to how to with whit people hair most will be honest and tell u that others will just take your money) so im curious...also yeah are u paying for this? how much if u dont mind my asking... yeah back combing is not real good for your hair...i mean im guilty as well but wat i do is section right where my hair parts naturally and just start the roots a lil so i dont loose my part cause im OCD about it...twist and rip is better and you can do that yourself even in the bak of your head ...shit id do it for you if i didnt have so many kids here to take care of....and id only make u buy lunch lol just keep in mind that dreads are not instant anyone can make it look like u have dreads instantly but nothing but time will actually make them...
updated by @heather-gamble: 07/21/15 08:44:32PM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Hey do you think you could instruct this local on how to do twist and rip?It's much gentler and the knots hold up better than backcombing.This is the guide http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/twist-and-rip-method-dreading#axzz0tBw2HyOw This person could try it on a few dreads in the back and see if they can get it right :)
Robert shawn bozarth
@robert-shawn-bozarth
14 years ago
25 posts
im not trying to say that natural dreads are the best way to go(you know like pushing them on you) but, you need to watchout for two things crocheting and backcombing, crocheting is bad news for your dreads because you are constantly maintaining your dreads with the needle, you are breaking your new hair growths and shortening the life of your dreads(I heard that there was this fellow that made a dive into the water and the water pressure took 3 dreads right off) and from experience also, my dreads when I had them crocheted(they got cut off) were like little rocks and after a while of maintaining them they got fuzzyer and fuzzyer and apparently I was doing something called velveting wich pretty much means dread death.and there is also backcombing, first you need to make sure this person knows what they are doing first, and also if your paying this person dont do it, because it can easily be done at home( with a freind) or you can do it yourself. this method I also tryed and from this experience it really slowed my dread processe down(alot) but most people preffer this method and alot of people beleive this is how you acheive dreadlocks.and how I feel about dreads is getting them the old fashioned way just not combing(and pulling them apart so they dont congo) unless you like thicker dreads but anyways back to the point, I beleive dreads become,they are not made like a cheap hat in a factory. dreads are a physical expression of you and out of all the methods I have used natural has made me feel more at one with my dreads like they are apart of me, living and growing, everyday you'll see them popping out in different places and they'll get thicker and with other methods they seem to get thinner and thinnerDown to washing them, WASH YOUR HAIR!!!!!! dont use conditioners and dont use things with sediments and also dont let dreadlock selling companys like dreadhead hq fool you into buying products like the loc docta and they're shampoo didnt work for my hair. you could do baking soda washes and spray with a sea salt solution and that's what I gotta say sorry I wrote so muchP.S don't worry about your dreads, forget they exist and dont worry about every little thing about them they will do what they are gonna do and when you do something to fix them it will take longer for problem get fixed as apposed to if you just left it alone
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
good luck but watch them like a hawk do not let them use any products no waxes no gels nothing and if they even mention a dread perm kick em in the shins and run away screammingu really would be better off doing it yourself tho

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jessie Carr
@jessie-carr
14 years ago
61 posts
"kick em in the shins and run away screaming"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAAA. that is a funny image. soaringeagle said:
good luck but watch them like a hawk do not let them use any products no waxes no gels nothing and if they even mention a dread perm kick em in the shins and run away screamming
u really would be better off doing it yourself tho
Jamie2
@jamie2
14 years ago
25 posts
it's someone i found at empire beauty school, she did her own dreads and also a friends. I'm paying $20 to Empire and this way she can get her credits. heather said:
yeah hey u said a local? do u mean loctician? or wat? cause im from the burgh and ive got a couple friends in the styling industry and none of us ever heard of any locticians in the area (aside from one specializing in afro hair which im not being prejudice but usually they are pretty clueless as to how to with whit people hair most will be honest and tell u that others will just take your money) so im curious...also yeah are u paying for this? how much if u dont mind my asking... yeah back combing is not real good for your hair...i mean im guilty as well but wat i do is section right where my hair parts naturally and just start the roots a lil so i dont loose my part cause im OCD about it...twist and rip is better and you can do that yourself even in the bak of your head ...shit id do it for you if i didnt have so many kids here to take care of....and id only make u buy lunch lol just keep in mind that dreads are not instant anyone can make it look like u have dreads instantly but nothing but time will actually make them...
Jamie2
@jamie2
14 years ago
25 posts
hey thanks for the advice i'll show her and ask if she can do it :) Paula said:
Hey do you think you could instruct this local on how to do twist and rip?
It's much gentler and the knots hold up better than backcombing.

This is the guide
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/twist-and-rip-method-dreading#ax...

This person could try it on a few dreads in the back and see if they can get it right :)
Jamie2
@jamie2
14 years ago
25 posts
Hey thanks for all the great advice I might try twist and rip instead from how everyone says backcombing is bad. Robert shawn bozarth said:
im not trying to say that natural dreads are the best way to go(you know like pushing them on you) but, you need to watchout for two things crocheting and backcombing, crocheting is bad news for your dreads because you are constantly maintaining your dreads with the needle, you are breaking your new hair growths and shortening the life of your dreads(I heard that there was this fellow that made a dive into the water and the water pressure took 3 dreads right off) and from experience also, my dreads when I had them crocheted(they got cut off) were like little rocks and after a while of maintaining them they got fuzzyer and fuzzyer and apparently I was doing something called velveting wich pretty much means dread death.

and there is also backcombing, first you need to make sure this person knows what they are doing first, and also if your paying this person dont do it, because it can easily be done at home( with a freind) or you can do it yourself. this method I also tryed and from this experience it really slowed my dread processe down(alot) but most people preffer this method and alot of people beleive this is how you acheive dreadlocks.

and how I feel about dreads is getting them the old fashioned way just not combing(and pulling them apart so they dont congo) unless you like thicker dreads but anyways back to the point, I beleive dreads become,they are not made like a cheap hat in a factory. dreads are a physical expression of you and out of all the methods I have used natural has made me feel more at one with my dreads like they are apart of me, living and growing, everyday you'll see them popping out in different places and they'll get thicker and with other methods they seem to get thinner and thinner

Down to washing them, WASH YOUR HAIR!!!!!! dont use conditioners and dont use things with sediments and also dont let dreadlock selling companys like dreadhead hq fool you into buying products like the loc docta and they're shampoo didnt work for my hair. you could do baking soda washes and spray with a sea salt solution and that's what I gotta say sorry I wrote so much

P.S don't worry about your dreads, forget they exist and dont worry about every little thing about them they will do what they are gonna do and when you do something to fix them it will take longer for problem get fixed as apposed to if you just left it alone
Jamie2
@jamie2
14 years ago
25 posts
haha yeah ok will do soaringeagle...lmao soaringeagle said:
good luck but watch them like a hawk do not let them use any products no waxes no gels nothing and if they even mention a dread perm kick em in the shins and run away screamming
u really would be better off doing it yourself tho
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
yeah i figured the only place might be a beauty school and hey 20 beans aint bad....i dont necessarily think back combing is horrible but it really depends on how the person does it agressive is never good....good luck and post pics! Jamie said:
it's someone i found at empire beauty school, she did her own dreads and also a friends. I'm paying $20 to Empire and this way she can get her credits.

heather said:

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form