they wont look good for many months

do not "maintain" them at alll except to ewash and seperate

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lauren Cronister
@lauren-cronister
11 years ago
10 posts
You don't have to do anything to make your hair lock up! It will lock on it's own. Since you did twist n rip your sections will loosen up before they start to tighten and turn into dreads. It will be kinda messy and crazy for awhile, but you learn to love the journey! Just sit back and relax and let your hair do its own thing. :)
DaThrill Helton
@dathrill-helton
11 years ago
48 posts

use 5 cups of water and a half cup bs to wash. leave it in about 20 mins or so rinse it out and then add 5 cups of water and one cap of apple cider vinegar, pour it over your hair and rinse immediately. make sure you rinse all the bs out before doing the acv mix though. Do not palm roll or twist your hair. twisting can make you go bald and palm rolling does nothing at all but damage your dreads. Best advice I can give you is be patient and enjoy the journey. Your hair will go through many stages. You will not have dreads overnight. It takes time. Sea salt water also acts as a good locking accelerator. Use one teaspoon for 16 oz in a spray bottle and spray it on your hair and try not to spray it on your scalp. There are good shampoos and accelerators you can buy but the methods I gave you are just as good and cost very little ;) You should also check out the dreaducation page and the forums cuz they have some good info that you will want to read :) hope this helps

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Like everyone said already, don't do anything. Just wash them and separate as needed. When you try and maintain locks, it just forces them to move and twist in an unhealthy way, which leads to damage and unhealthy locks.

Palm rolling only does 1 of 2 things. If you do it once it a while, it doesn't do anything to create lasting knots. it'll only make them look neat for a few hours. When you wash or sleep, that neat lookdisappears. If you do it enough to see progress, it severely destroys your roots. It's just not worth it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

stop palm rolling ..stop twisting! twistimg will make u bald in a hurry

just leave em alone

u dont need to do anything to prevbent flat locks just leave em be let em do what they do

rachelle honsinger said:

i palm roll every day, and i twist them and pull them up so they dont get flat before i go to bed. Is this a good idea? Palm rolling has become kind of relaxing for me,..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cole Morton
@cole-morton
11 years ago
109 posts

and just to add to what everyone else has already said....take the rubber bands out too!!!! Happy Dreading.

DreadfulAmenita
@taby
11 years ago
80 posts

Yeah, let them do as they please. My hair was SO frizzy at first, but it went away mostly by 1.5 months. With time it's a lot easier to stop thinking about what you can do to make them progress faster or look better, but they do that on their own. I found using a sea salt water spray and hour or so before my showers did help them lock a little faster and made me feel like I was helping without doing anything that would make me bald later. :) Good luck with your babies.

updated by @taby: 07/23/15 06:30:44PM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form