Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hair looks like a rat's nest

Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts
I just put up a couple pictures on my page of my hair, how it currently is. Idk how to post them right in here, but you can see them there lol
updated by @cristin-nessen: 07/23/15 04:47:15PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they look pretty good maybe 2 months behind where id expect em to be if anyth8bg but thats not unusual the roots maybe arent seperated too well? i cant tell

but i bet ya a swim in the ocean or some sea salt will make em happy..and you happy too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts
I'll do the sea salt tonight then! :)The roots are fairly well separated, dread-wise, they're kinda loopy though and weird at the roots, so it looks kinda sloppy lol
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

They should always be in a constant state of tangle at the roots. Check my video on separating. You'll see what I mean. You never want to see much scalp, if any, between your locks. So if they are messy right no, as they grow out, and get longer,you won't be paying attention to your scalp as much. You, and everyone else, will be focusing on your gorgeous long locks

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

thats it trying to tighten up..

remember hey arent quit mature yet

and just for a lil perspective

heres a page full of what celebs looked like as kids

http://seehere.blogspot.com/2006/08/celebrities-when-they-were-kids.html

they were kinda goofy looking

and now their face appears on an ad and they get mill.,ions

when your dreads get past the growing up stage they will be impressive

but every person like every dread had to grow into their own look s and styles after probly looking pretyy giofy for awhile

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

hahaha i scrolled down to find this lil gem

i cant stop laughing

oh boy even funnier

--
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts
Hahaha very good point! I like the comparison with the young dreads and young celebrities! I like that! :D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

doesnt it look like he just ran into a bully?

--
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts
Whoa! Yeah he looks WAAAY different! :pOne more thing I was curious about, because I've noticed it on some of mine, and I've even noticed it in some other people's pictures. Is it normal for the dread to get skinnier near the root? Or is that a bad sign?
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Is the section skinnier? Or does it just feel thinner at the root? If the section is thinning out, that's not great, but there are ways to fix that.

If they just feel thinner, that's because the hair at the root is still straight. It will be morecompressiblebecause it is not knotted and tangled up yet. Once it grows out and tangles, it will get thicker. It's pretty normal for locks to feel thinner at the root for this reason. I was worried about it for a little while too

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form