15 years ago
73 posts
roflmao!!!!!!
updated by @kath: 07/23/15 04:15:35AM
Adam Ligster
@adam-ligster
15 years ago
22 posts
I have sooo many people come up to me askin if I know wherer they can get any drugs. it definatly gets old quick.
Alden
@alden
15 years ago
303 posts
I went in for a job interview about 2 weeks ago, and the (white) woman who was interviewing said that her (mixed) nephew had dreads and that he washed them by putting soap in the toilet and then would dip his dreads in and flush multiple times, and that if that's how I washed my hair she'd have to ask me to leave the hospital (where my interview was) immediately.I tried not to get an attitude with her, but I did let "He must be retarded" slip out, which I could tell she didn't look too kindly on, lol, oh well!
beinknotty
@beinknotty
15 years ago
8 posts
in hawaii the story is centipedes, I have heard 20 dif. versions of the same story. grrr
Alden
@alden
15 years ago
303 posts
It didn't like aggravate me, I really thought it was kinda funny but I was trying not to be smart with her.
Dreadedsunflower
@dreadedsunflower
15 years ago
60 posts
I never really get asked questions and if i do they are just about maintenance or how long ive had them. Most people just look and don't say anything others tell me they like them i've only had one negative comment and thats online it was from some really prissy girl that was saying they are nasty and you are suppose to wash your hair everyday.
HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
15 years ago
93 posts
Alden that toilet thing is pretty funny. I am not quite sure how I would have reacted to that.I have not really had my dreads long enough to get any comments but I am sure I will. The only one I have gotten so far is from my mother. I was purposely not mentioning my hair but my friend made a comment on facebook about it and my mother saw it and wrotePs....DREADS?Good times!
Alden
@alden
15 years ago
303 posts
I agree completely on the explaining things simply pert, I love that. And as far as walking around in public and having people gauche, if we can get Adam and the 4 of us go out to do something some time we'll all have to just let our dreads hang free so we can see how many people we have ask questions. I mean, seeing one or two at a time is one thing, but seeing 4 dreadies all walking together at the same time, that'd surprise even me.
HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
15 years ago
93 posts
Your right Alden it is rare to see a bunch of dreadies all out together (other than a festival type situation) and it would be fun to see people's reactions.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
in philly we have the huge odunde fest every year (african new year) its the biggest outside africathey close off about a dozen blocks, plus have a religios parade to the river to feed oshu (spelling?) the river goddesstheres 5 or more stages of reggae and african dance and drumming and its block after block safter block of wall to wall dreadies..mostly rastas but not all.i mean packed 12 square blocks with no room to moveall sorts of dreads;..and great place to get super cheap drums

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form