Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What do you use to pull back your dreads?????

Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
nothing bad as long as they work for you,they're too small tight for me, and I get crazy headaches from them.
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
i found these headbands at walmart that are like the thin elastic ones only a mesh type material so they are stretchy but dont pull out any hair!! they work geat :) the little pony tail things are way too small i just wrap the headband around twice and its good lol.
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts

I use that ! i biought it in spain its just a ring of cloth works really well :D
updated by @jack-roth: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
I use the ones Paula posted when I am at work. I have to rock to pretty high up pony because my hairs not long enough not too. Sometimes when I put them up a little lower the front locks break free, but I just weave them under the other ones and its been doing the trick. Other than that when I'm driving around and not working I am mostly wearing a tam, although the other day I did wrap a bandana around my head. Just like rolled it up and it kept the front ones from bitch slapping me in the face while I was driving, plus I looked good :)
sadangel777
@sadangel777
14 years ago
68 posts
I use regular headbands - the big ones, cloth covered w/o teeth. I just flip my hair back a little and put it on; it really dresses it up. I also wear loose ponytails, but after a few days they start to stick up! : P So I've been trying to wear them down more often. The stretchy headbands are nice, too, but you have to experiment to find one that's comfortable for you.
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
Yep, also use what Paula uses. :) they don't tug at my dreads. And to make me look "professional" at work I went to walmart and bought cloth headbands. I think mine are Goody, they work pretty well, and since its summer they have cute ones. :) Also have used scarves and always have my trusty tam. :)
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
i use these sometimes, they are nice and big, for those with lots of hair,

updated by @neil-coe: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
ashley ✿
@ashley
14 years ago
167 posts
Well, I use these things that my mother got me these um,chop stick looking things that are probably longer and thickerthan other ones, they look really good when you pull back yourhair. you should try and get them, my family (who is mostun-supportive) says that they look half okay when pulled back with the sticks
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
I use the big hair elastics aka hair bands too.I use wraps and scarves also.I posted a video with some dread lock styling tips (check on my profile) and the woman suggests going to a dancers store and buying specialized hair pins that are strong, wide and have a curve to them, she swears by these, I haven't used them but plan to when my dreads are mature.
updated by @island-mamma: 07/16/15 09:33:35AM

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form