Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

pictures comparing dreadlock methods at various stages

Vates
@vates
14 years ago
66 posts
I started in June this year :D just over the past month they have started to take shape ..... I also started when my hair was only about 2 or 3 inches long I just stooped doing anything to it and after about a month I started using baking soda wash. Just this past month I have started using 100% oils peppermint and tea tree they are very nice . OOO and I have been using the africa's best herbal oil since I started for my scalp. Sometimes I use sea salt and lemon juice to help curl and lighten my hair......

updated by @vates: 07/18/15 04:36:53PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

thats wild to see how theyre progressingu might wanna use the africas best only when u really need itmines still forming baby dreads even tho conditioning it alot but im betting its slowing things some
Vates said:
I started in June this year :D just over the past month they have started to take shape ..... I also started when my hair was only about 2 or 3 inches long I just stooped doing anything to it and after about a month I started using baking soda wash. Just this past month I have started using 100% oils peppermint and tea tree they are very nice . OOO and I have been using the africa's best herbal oil since I started for my scalp. Sometimes I use sea salt and lemon juice to help curl and lighten my hair......

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Vates
@vates
14 years ago
66 posts
yea I only use the africa's when my head itches I just put it on my finger and rub it on the itch lol works great for that :D oo and my hair has dreaded slow because when I started I didnt have the length I really needed as I've said before its just now started to lock because its getting long enough now.... anyways I'm happy with there development sometimes I feel impatient but I really am in no rush .... patients is a virtue I actually have lol
ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
14 years ago
153 posts
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic and for giggles Image and video hosting by TinyPic I didtnr but the majority of them fell out. maybe not all at once but over time most, if not ALL, came loose. I didn't do anything to them though and they all found their own place and are kind of all over now. i probably washed my hair about once a week... or so. because it takes long to dry. and i'm lazy. lol but all in all i'd say my hair is pretty healthy. It's nearing about my fourth month now. :3
Vates
@vates
14 years ago
66 posts
O yea I forgot I've put aloe in my hair a couple of times right from the plant it gets the frizzies out lol
Matt7
@matt7
14 years ago
11 posts
Okay... Here we go. You guys get to see someone first starting out! I'll be the sites little experiment! (if it hasn't been done before) Haha! And I'm jealous of SE's Dreads... I wish i could say people stepped on my by accident.

Don't know how long it's exactly been, i just stopped brushing one day... Haha. Anyways, natural method. (I hate calling it neglect makes it sound like you just don't care, very untrue)And seperating when i can rememebr
updated by @matt7: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Hannah Clarke
@hannah-clarke
14 years ago
29 posts
I back combed mine and then left them to do what they want, well other then ripping them apart to prevent congos :)I don't have any from the start sooThis is about 3 months in...

Here is roughly about 5 months...

7 months..

12 months :)

And this is what I like to call my birds nest :D

updated by @hannah-clarke: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Hey your hair is looking great!

PS
I told my sister in law about your name (not sure if its your real name or one you love) and thats what she named their baby spelled like Zahriya (i think lol)

ZuriYAH "Zii" said:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

and for giggles

I didtnr but the majority of them fell out. maybe not all at once but over time most, if not ALL, came loose. I didn't do anything to them though and they all found their own place and are kind of all over now. i probably washed my hair about once a week... or so. because it takes long to dry. and i'm lazy. lol but all in all i'd say my hair is pretty healthy. It's nearing about my fourth month now. :3
Bryce Forrest
@bryce-forrest
13 years ago
32 posts

Okay... so. My dreads are totally natural. :) No brushing for my eighth month.

So. Before.... (This isn't ACTUALLY before, but it's within the first month, just to give an idea. Forgive the goofiness.)

And what they look like today. :))

For a more complete timeline, go to my pictures. :)

updated by @bryce-forrest: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

theyre at 8 months? not quite mature but doing well they looked dreaded at 3 months im guessing? im guessing 15 months should be fairly mature

only a couple momnths off from if u used tnr or backcomb

doing real well

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 10

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form