Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Newly Backcombed and Waxed Dreads opinions.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

haha yea 1/2 the ppl that suggest wax only had wax dreads 3 months then shaved

KnotLady said:

i would definitely wait a week or twoto use a method, if you choose to, and let your hair section itself. brick lay patterns look really unnatural and its not very nice to force it on your hair lol. hair sections itself nicely.

also SE...youre so blunt. it kinda made me laugh. i agree. wax is bad. some dude told me that beeswax helped dreads hold their shape and i told him mine were natural and he said 'beeswax is natural"...why are people so insistent on wax/palmrolling? i swear its like they feel the need to make you(me, whoever) fuck up your hair like they are or have. he of course had super short hair.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 05:30:55AM
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

Consistently using baking soda rinse on your hair is actually what will help your hair section as you let it hang free. Why? It dries the hair. Don't try to twist and rip just yet. Let the baking soda work it's magic for a while.

And yeah. What SE said. SEPARATE! You don't want congos forming ten different places on your head in the beginning. It's crazy. And to separate all you have to do is gently pull two locks apart. Voila. Millisecond magic. After a number of months pass you'll have to wiggle some hairs out of dreads to do that separating but it really doesn't get any worse than that. Separate, use baking soda(2 tablespoons per cup of warm water) and you'll be looking dready in no time.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

exactly and starseed use the wax removers and u wont haveto chop them off

i shoulda added having to chop them off isnt good fir them either

theres nothing ok about wax at all..nothing

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

it is not ok not sat all

we are biased because thousands had to srart over dure to wax'

there is absolutely nothing ok about wax

theree are several ways to start dreads but there are many many ways to ruin dreads wax is at the top od=f the list

locticians that use liquid latex know wax is bad thats why they use latex..pretty dumb alternative ofcouse but even someo e that dumb knows wax is not oj]k

there is nothing nothing nothing ok about ruining your dresads

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

wax is ok but im going to chop mine off cxause i used wax

and thats ok cause im too lazuy to remove the wazx

but thats ok ill stikl tell others wax is ok

and show them the bagf full of cut off dreads as proof

we are biased?

maybe your just contradicting yourself with every word saying its ok but that yoir chi]=opping them off cause u used it?

maybe biased to you means smart enough to know that makes no sence at all

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

noones arguing just stating that its comoletely iresponcible to say simethings ok when they are having to chop of their dreads cause they used it..

u cant shoot yoirself in the head then say its ok just cause afyer a year off therapy you finaly relearned how to say ok

something thats bad..is bad

wether u somehow survive out of dumb luck or whatever the fact that u survived doesnt make shooting yourself u=in the head ok

and saying its ok is dangerously iresponsible

--
Bass Clef
@bass-clef
11 years ago
6 posts

Again, thank you everyone for the input. But opinions are not as important as the respect we give each other despite those opinions. Everyone will not always agree of course, but once the information is put in front of an individual its up to them to make the choice. I thank you all for your time and energy, lets keep the vibes positive. ;)

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

i still dont get it.but whatevs.

StarseedSpacedread said:

your peeves knotlady. I would advise wax free dreads to a friend, but wax is OK, just not the best by any means. Most of you are so biased, there's not one and only way to start your dreads
amethyst777
@amethyst777
11 years ago
95 posts

Starseed... you seriously said something about someones spelling? Someone that types without the full use of both hands? I try to moderate myself, but dude... seriously fuck you! You don't deserve to be on this site! You SHOULD definitely use wax... then light your freaking head on fire!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

attackimg spelling is always an adnission of defeat when you can no longer argue with logic and reason attack spelling in an attempt to discredit

its a losers last jab

its pathetic

e had another kid a year ago exactly like you i only used waxz once it didnt kill my dreads blagh blah

same argument as i=u exactly

it went on for weeks till he was banned

3 weeks ago he begged to come back

why

mold

yup

you will learn the hard way

but wax is always bad theres nothing ok about wax..period

--

/ 4

Dislike 0