Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Newly Backcombed and Waxed Dreads opinions.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

if yiu dont mind harder dreads\

what makes thenm harder

wac trapped in them forever

with dirt

yea thats ok?

they cant dread if hard

but thats ok?

sure its ok if you dont want dreads to ever dread

ig=f u want an imitation thats temporary

if you dont mind stinking

or zits

or wax melting down your face

or ruined furniturew and clothing

or

well u know i can think of a milliin bad things but i dare u to think of 1 ok thing

just 1

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/24/15 07:11:49PM
Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

I am also going to say no wax. It will create the illusion of dreading by sticking the hair together, but other things could also get stuck into it, it could leave residue on clothes &/or pillowcases/bedding, & clog up pores leading to blemishes & breakouts. Wax also carries an increased risk of mold, it's not a "if you use wax you WILL get mold" but I'm sure you'd want to keep your chances slim, since mold can be a nasty bugger. Sure as the hair grows out the new growth will do actual knotting, but the waxed portion won't shrink or dread properly. With regular washing the wax will remain, I even remember (i believe it was a member here) who waxed their dreads to start but didn't wax them again & left the new growth alone, they cut up into their dread & you could see the wax had actually spread UP the dread & into the new "good" wax-free growth. So if they wanted to cut out the waxy bits, they would have to cut up into some of their proper dreading, & if you took that time to grow your hair long for dreads, you will be losing some length to shrinkage, why would you want to sacrifice any more to the wax by having to chop it out? Remove the wax, get it all out good & your dreads will be better for it, but it is your head & your dreads & no one can force you down any path. You just have to take in what you can & make what you feel is the best decision for your journey, we just want you to have the best, healthiest & longest journey you can & from so many people having bad experiences & all the problems that could come with wax it would be highly recommended to avoid that path.

amethyst777
@amethyst777
11 years ago
95 posts

Sorry, SE it completely infuriated me! I shall leave you to it, and go play with the baby.... Happy place, happy place, happy place... breath in, breath out...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

eye undrstnd u c n intlgnt prsun cen reed fauts in rendm mesed up lterz

datz y u cen mosly mak out wat a forenner meenz evin wen u cant fooley undrstend de wurds demself

butt if u rnt smrt nuff 2 read wifout a , and . den u meyb rnnt smrt nuf 2 kno dat wacks iz bad 4 dreds

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well thnx sunbird

i hear that like 10-20 even up to 100 times a day

i sure hope pride isnt really a deadly sin or ill be dead son

you all make me so proud od this community

ya know as many dreadies as i know in ereal life..ive never had to touch any waxed dreads nor gotten close enough to smell em but i can only imagine how nasty it could be

ive been going to gatherings and hanging oiut with rastas when in the city all my life so nevder knew ppl backcombed or waxed for a very long time actualy 1st tijme i heard about wax was a woman on the street came up and said i should try wax to get my beard to ddred (it was just beginninhg to dread then)

so off i went to the herb store i got my herbs from and bought some beeswax i rolled up a lil ball..and touched it to my berd..instant regret

i picked at it scrubbeds it did all i could to remove it for a year

there was always that annoying sticky spot i ciuldnt get out

\

flash forward maybe 5-8 years and they are fullt dreadsed and long enough to sit on

and getting inand out of cars etc kept pullin on them one day im cmping on a mountaintop (we wernr able tro make the gathering so a freind owned a mountain with just a well and 2 tiolets (u had to cary water from the well to fu=ill the tiolets tanks) and a rainbow kitchen (oh yea only 1 tiolet had walls the other was open air) anyway thats unrelated bbble but i was getting out of the tent into my hair and 2 of the beard dreads pulled right off

and i was actualy glad to lose the waxy 1

i had been trying to remove the wax for years so finaly losing the dread was the only way to get rids of it

now that was the 1st tie i heard bout wax vbut still never heard of backcomb or any of the other crazy stuff ppl do not till i gor the net and joined a forum that had a section about dreads thats when i learned aboit all these starter methods

id already known ppl like dubside whos dreads were so long her often wore them inside his ck[]lothes tucked all tye wau through his shirt pants and into his siocks

like jai a polinesian guy with dreasa dragging on the ground and jah levi whos dreads then wweere to his ankles now they are 14 heet..around 8 foot past the ground

freinds i knew had a baby whod dreaded from birth..he had dreads befoee he could walk or talk

ofcourse there were the beautidful and wonderful move folk s the afdrica family

ramona was 1 of the sweetest wisest people i knew

point is i was surrounded by nothing but natural dreads and really didnt know there was any other way..didnt understand why there would e a need to

--

/ 4
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form