Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

neglect

brett allen
@brett-allen
12 years ago
4 posts

And please forgive my long winded ness ah hahaha!!

updated by @brett-allen: 07/24/15 10:58:29AM
☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

I am 9 days in (:

kris acosta
@kris-acosta
12 years ago
7 posts

haha i absolutely agree with you and soaring eagle...preach on =) i too have improved on my nutritional intake, my body feels so at ease...allows my mind to think straight too.

@mamakittylove, 9 days, you are on a journey to self knowledge and unconditional love...dreads brought me not only happiness but patience...believe it or not, you will grow with them...all natural is what i encourage and good luck to you on your journey <3 kris

Obby Lightstick2
@obby-lightstick2
12 years ago
1 posts
Sometime the first week of September I will have not combed my hair for 6 years. I have never tried any other method, and it's rare that I see manufactured locks last long... I look at my dreads as sort of a biography of sorts, that only I can read. They remind me of where I've been and give me hope for the future. Natural dreads find you, all you have to do is stop looking... P.L.U.R.
Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

right on, i love this conversation *BUMP* :D im coming up on one year natural, and while i am still getting used to having long hair in the first place when i look in the mirror, cant believe i didnt start allowing my hair to lock earlier! the many points brought up in this post are the same ones i try to make when people want to talk about dreads.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Shake off the excess water in the shower and let them drip and air dry as much as possible. If you really need to do something, gently pat them with a towel.

Never rub your head with a towel to dry them. That tends to create a general knottiness once, but the next time you do it, it undoes all of those knots from the last time.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

That all depends. For baby locks, there's no reason to. If you NEED them dry for something you are going to, you can use one for a minute or 2 just to jump start the drying. But if you do, only use it for a couple of minutes and make sure to move it around a lot so your hair doesn't get heat damage.

But if you don't need them dry fast, it's best to just let them air dry

Autumn2
@autumn2
12 years ago
18 posts

Nice!

Michael6
@michael6
12 years ago
5 posts

Starting my natural dreads today :D. Found basically all the answers to my questions on natural dreads from this post. To be honest I wasnt sure if I wanted to backcomb and palmroll or go all natural but after reading soarings words of wisdom with his 23 year natural dreads ive decided to commit and grow with ma dreads all natural. Nice dreads btw eagle and kris acosta. and gl to me :D
Edit: I had one more thing to ask, how much baking soda do i put on my hair when washing it and do i just pour it on, spread it out and let it soak for a few minutes and then wash with water?

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I personally feel that I have grown and changed with my preformed dreads. I had a nervous breakdown that ultimately led to my decision to have dreads. I just didn't know better than to let them grow on their own until it was already done. Anyway, since that breakdown and starting my dreads, I've gone the vegetarian way again, I've weaned myself off all mood altering meds (and I was on a LOT) and I'm finding my inner Buddha. I've learned patience, understanding, and how not to try to control everything. I'm much more at peace with my existance on this planet and role I play in this existance. I've experienced more personal growth and inner peace I. The last 10 months than I have in the last 10 years. There's more to it than just the dreads, but they were the first bricks laid on my path to where I am now and where I'm going.

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form