dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

neglect

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well there will always be those 1%ers

typical reaction when u tell ppl wax or crochets harmful they respond 1st with why? then when u tell them they say hmm that makes perfect sense thank you so much for telling me

but then theres the 1% who respond with ive been doing this for a week and i met some guy on thr=e street that did it too so stop shoving your ipinions down my throught..

i never understood how it was "shoving my opinion fdown their throught" by providing factual information based on thousands of experiences so they can make an informed decision..

but that 1%er just have to find ourt the hard way

id blame it on personality types or zodiac signs or somethung but then youd expect it to be way more then it is

Baba Fats said:

I don't think they are missing the point if they grow lock for a style any more than I think people with mohawks are. Some have mohawks as a style, other for the rejection of society, other for a statement to the Native Americans. It's when people get preachy about it. That's when they are missing the point. And that works for both those who have them for style and those who have them for spiritual reasons. I accept people who use wax and other damaging methods if that's the look they are going for. I see no reason to judge them for it. I may, if the mood strikes me, tell them calmly that it is not healthy for thelongevity of their hair, but I will not tell them that they are wrong for going with their heart. If they decide to fix it, then I will have been there for them and they will be comfortable coming to me and asking for my opinion. If you getjudgmentaland preachy, they will reject your opinion and may just keep doing what they are doing to spite you.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 11:58:32PM
Jai2
@jai2
12 years ago
15 posts

my dreads are turning 3 months today! all natural. they feel much better than my first set which was back combed and waxed. hate that i did that to my hair

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

bet they are dreading way faster too huh

John Daubenmeyer said:

my dreads are turning 3 months today! all natural. they feel much better than my first set which was back combed and waxed. hate that i did that to my hair

--
Jess H
@jess-h
12 years ago
14 posts

Damn, I wish I would have gone with natural-formed dreads now. But I think I like them properly sectioned though. I think the most important thing is that they're clean, looked after and allowed to grow properly. (That and I dont have patience to let my hair knot on it's own, since it rarely knots anyway.)

I'll leave the hook alone from now on ;)

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

i think "uniform" sections would be a more appropriate word, "proper" (to me) would be allowing them to form naturally.

clean & loved is all they really need

glad you are dropping the hook! :)

Jess H said:

Damn, I wish I would have gone with natural-formed dreads now. But I think I like them properly sectioned though. I think the most important thing is that they're clean, looked after and allowed to grow properly. (That and I dont have patience to let my hair knot on it's own, since it rarely knots anyway.)

I'll leave the hook alone from now on ;)

updated by @ixchel: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Jai2
@jai2
12 years ago
15 posts

me first set looked like dreads from day one, but after 3 months got really nasty looking and after i took them out i saw all of them had dirt, lint, and wax built up even though i didnt wax that much. theyre dreading kinda slow now, but picking up as more of it gets knotted. the fact that i can actually get them feeling clean is just amazing compared to to my first set.

Vera Pendergraft
@vera-pendergraft
12 years ago
1 posts

So, I am starting my dreads in a couple of weeks and I want to do it naturally. Any advice? My hair is already long, curly, and very textured. Someone suggested making 1 inch sections and backcombing, but with no products. Thoughts?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

no thats not natural start today take your combs and conditioners and toss them in the trash

the end

natural means u let it dread itself the sections section themselves all diferent shapes and sizws so they blend together instead of liooking so mab=nufactured

just throw away all your hair care products get some baking soda or a dread shampoo and keep it clean and let it dread

--
Alive She Cried
@alive-she-cried
12 years ago
51 posts

I love my dreads <3 so very much they have made me think about such things i never thought about before and it just gets better some are 10 months natural others are sine January at first i really was always so excited about progress i would use sea salt everytime bfore i'd wash, now i use it whenever i never get all anxious about my hair and it seems as if progress comes sooner than before because i'm not concerned with it and all checking it out in the mirror

brett allen
@brett-allen
12 years ago
4 posts

I agreeeee absolutely!! Brother Soaring Eagle led me down a wonderful path to go all natural with no sectioning, I had tried to start with the other methods but ended up with nothing but a mess. I started trying to dread with the other methods i.e. backcombing, sectioning, wax but it was the Vegan kind etc. did that about a couple months which the worst part was when my wife tried to backcomb it for me I ended up with a freakin horn lookin thing stickin out of the front of my head ah hahaha!!! Then I found this site and asked a few questions which Soaring Eagle readily and happily answered 1. No products 2. Let it section naturally 3. Use residue free shampoo 4. Keep it clean!!!! So now probably 4 months later give or take a couple weeks almost all my hair is locked, the back locked the quickest and is fully dreaded, now the sides have sectioned themselves off and the front and top have loops. This is only 4 months but I have curly hair that always wanted to dread itself probably most definitely giving me an advantage over straighter hair. You can check out my journey so far on my Utube page at lasher4967 check it out have a laugh and step away from the wax along with any other unnatural or cosmetic methods. I totally agree with brother Soaring Eagle we have cut most processed foods and everything else we can to diminish our consumerism, I believe we all should get back closer to nature giving reverence to the creatures that give their lives to nourish our bodies get more connected to Mother Earth and our fellow travelers and less connected to technology and corporations Peace to all and viva non-violent revelution.

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form