Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreads predate money so why spend money for dreads

☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
15 years ago
183 posts
Same if it gets hot as hell!!! When you walk out and it hurts to breath because the air burns or you sweat just walking to your car... Not to mention you can so easily get overheated and quickly so no workout is really at a length for you to benefit from... I hate the sick feeling when I get too hot.I agree to Property is theft... Ownership makes people crazy and isn't sharing what we learn the 1st day of preschool/kindergarten etc...
updated by @izzy-licious: 07/19/15 03:39:42AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i believe its the modoc tribe that has no word for mine and no concept of ownershipgotta respect that Izzy-licious said:
Same if it gets hot as hell!!! When you walk out and it hurts to breath because the air burns or you sweat just walking to your car... Not to mention you can so easily get overheated and quickly so no workout is really at a length for you to benefit from... I hate the sick feeling when I get too hot.

I agree to Property is theft... Ownership makes people crazy and isn't sharing what we learn the 1st day of preschool/kindergarten etc...

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
My friend,I do not even utilize these so called luxiories now. Most of the time I sleep outside and I ride my bike over 70 miles sometimes to get where I need to go. I love living in nature because it reminds you how to live in a healthy way.The only technology I use is this computer and its for work. Believe me I would never miss this thing. i would much rather talk to you all face to face under a mango tree. Klete said:
Good one SE. I really do know where your coming from, I really do, it's just when your without everything for a extended period of time, I think all of the luxories we have now we'll sound and feel pretty good

soaringeagle said:
rubbish? u must not know me too well
been livin that way as much as possible since i was 19 or younger
workin towards livin that way pretty close to completely
the times im livin with 4 walls and modern conveniences i get slow lazy bored unmotivated ..i basicly just exist to take up space within those 4 walls..but when i completely immerce myself in nature and living naturaly i come alive and am in a state of bliss.
i cant wait to give up all these restricting gadgets ..the only thing i might wanna keep would be the internet but surely id use it far far less
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i love the discussions we get into hereya never know where they will end upbut its clear alotta dreads are passionate and have strong opinionsmany strive to not only have a natural hair farm on theyre heads but live fairly naturaly as well.some more then others.i think its good ti have discussions even disagreements cause it can inspire others to think outside of theyre experience.and didje..indoors i sleep at most 3 hours and have a real hard time sleepingand every tiny sound keeps me awakeat gatherings sleeping outside in a tent with thousands around makimng all sorts of noise and the drums raging all night long (i try to camp semi near the drums cause theyre so soothing) i sleep so easily and can sleep 18 hours if undisturbed (only cause i gotta catch up on the typical lack of sleep deficit)most ppl would be far less tired if they slept in nature more

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
When I sleep indoors I can NOT sleep in a bed. I sleep on the floor soooo much better. Just give me a small pillow and a piece of floor and I'll sleep like a baby for as long as I want to. I find that carpet more closely matches the surface of the ground than that of a hardwood floor. However even sleeping on hardwood beats a bed anytime. soaringeagle said:
i love the discussions we get into here
ya never know where they will end up
but its clear alotta dreads are passionate and have strong opinions
many strive to not only have a natural hair farm on theyre heads but live fairly naturaly as well.
some more then others.
i think its good ti have discussions even disagreements cause it can inspire others to think outside of theyre experience.

and didje..indoors i sleep at most 3 hours and have a real hard time sleeping
and every tiny sound keeps me awake
at gatherings sleeping outside in a tent with thousands around makimng all sorts of noise and the drums raging all night long (i try to camp semi near the drums cause theyre so soothing) i sleep so easily and can sleep 18 hours if undisturbed (only cause i gotta catch up on the typical lack of sleep deficit)
most ppl would be far less tired if they slept in nature more
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
Most sensitivity or adversity to heat is from not being used to it. Also when people are out of shape or carrying too much weight they may feel overly affected as well older people.Remember though that we are 95-100 degrees inside and our bodies are meant to be ina subtropical climate.Also we should be sweating as often as possible. Most people dont sweat enough because they actually avoid it. Sweating is so important to maintaining health. It may be uncomfortable if you are accustomed to wearing clothes all the time but theres nothing better than a good sweat. Izzy-licious said:
Same if it gets hot as hell!!! When you walk out and it hurts to breath because the air burns or you sweat just walking to your car... Not to mention you can so easily get overheated and quickly so no workout is really at a length for you to benefit from... I hate the sick feeling when I get too hot.

I agree to Property is theft... Ownership makes people crazy and isn't sharing what we learn the 1st day of preschool/kindergarten etc...
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
15 years ago
183 posts
You have a good point and I totally admit I avoid sweating! I am very overweight... Not afraid to tell everyone either. I am 5'10" and I weigh 320lbs. I had lost about 70 once before, then moved out of a situation with a much healthier roommate to a place i couldn't afford (stressful) and a chef for a boyfriend... needless to say I have NO self control and put it all back on plus 10lbs...THankfully it was only 10lbs not an additional 50. I have noticed lately my mind is less focused on food when I am bored out of my gourd at work its working on other things... before I would sit there not move for nearly 6 hours and eat. Now I try to do some pilates when I can lock the office door and I only drink water and eat during my lunch hour only...Its a huge battle but I am the only one that can do something about it and I am scared to death I am going to end up really sick before I can get myself under control.... I get sick if I do too much in the heat but that also is due to my weight so when it starts getting a little cooler at night I am going to be riding my bike again!I hate how much I have lost control! But I try to remain strong and stay focused! Didjeridurian said:
Most sensitivity or adversity to heat is from not being used to it. Also when people are out of shape or carrying too much weight they may feel overly affected as well older people.
Remember though that we are 95-100 degrees inside and our bodies are meant to be ina subtropical climate. Also we should be sweating as often as possible. Most people dont sweat enough because they actually avoid it. Sweating is so important to maintaining health. It may be uncomfortable if you are accustomed to wearing clothes all the time but theres nothing better than a good sweat. Izzy-licious said:

Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
Ahhh, I totally understand the constant battle. I fight really bad depression, I've had people try to push me to get on meds but I'm anti anti-depressants. XD I spent almost a year on them when I was a teen before refusing to take them anymore. I hated the feeling more than the depression itself. It was a big realization at the time when a friend mentioned how monotone and apathetic it made me. Izzy-licious said:
You have a good point and I totally admit I avoid sweating! I am very overweight... Not afraid to tell everyone either. I am 5'10" and I weigh 320lbs. I had lost about 70 once before, then moved out of a situation with a much healthier roommate to a place i couldn't afford (stressful) and a chef for a boyfriend... needless to say I have NO self control and put it all back on plus 10lbs...
THankfully it was only 10lbs not an additional 50. I have noticed lately my mind is less focused on food when I am bored out of my gourd at work its working on other things... before I would sit there not move for nearly 6 hours and eat. Now I try to do some pilates when I can lock the office door and I only drink water and eat during my lunch hour only...

Its a huge battle but I am the only one that can do something about it and I am scared to death I am going to end up really sick before I can get myself under control.... I get sick if I do too much in the heat but that also is due to my weight so when it starts getting a little cooler at night I am going to be riding my bike again!

I hate how much I have lost control! But I try to remain strong and stay focused!

Didjeridurian said:
Most sensitivity or adversity to heat is from not being used to it. Also when people are out of shape or carrying too much weight they may feel overly affected as well older people.
Remember though that we are 95-100 degrees inside and our bodies are meant to be ina subtropical climate. Also we should be sweating as often as possible. Most people dont sweat enough because they actually avoid it. Sweating is so important to maintaining health. It may be uncomfortable if you are accustomed to wearing clothes all the time but theres nothing better than a good sweat.
Izzy-licious said:

Klete
@klete
15 years ago
47 posts
Ya know, I'm with you guys on alot of this. but I think you use your luxories more than you think, How to do get your produce to your store in the winter? Where does it come from? What would you do if we all deceided to live like this? It's sound's great until you really REALLY think of life without all of our luxories. I admit it would be better all around but it just isnt feasible without condeming thousands to death Didjeridurian said:
My friend,
I do not even utilize these so called luxiories now. Most of the time I sleep outside and I ride my bike over 70 miles sometimes to get where I need to go. I love living in nature because it reminds you how to live in a healthy way.
The only technology I use is this computer and its for work. Believe me I would never miss this thing. i would much rather talk to you all face to face under a mango tree.

Klete said:
Good one SE. I really do know where your coming from, I really do, it's just when your without everything for a extended period of time, I think all of the luxories we have now we'll sound and feel pretty good

soaringeagle said:
rubbish? u must not know me too well
been livin that way as much as possible since i was 19 or younger
workin towards livin that way pretty close to completely
the times im livin with 4 walls and modern conveniences i get slow lazy bored unmotivated ..i basicly just exist to take up space within those 4 walls..but when i completely immerce myself in nature and living naturaly i come alive and am in a state of bliss.
i cant wait to give up all these restricting gadgets ..the only thing i might wanna keep would be the internet but surely id use it far far less
shaun saunders
@shaun-saunders
15 years ago
64 posts
sooo if we didnt have treatments for cancer nature has a way of curing that? please do tell me i and the rest of the world would love to know Didjeridurian said:
Everything we "manufactured" to help us especially medically, was only needed becaise we are not living naturally.

We are creating unnatural problems for ourselves and then patting ourselves on the back for coming up with unnatural "solutions" to these problems that only casue more problems.

How many sick or obese animals do you see in the wild?

Thomas said:
Actually everything we need isnt provided for free. Granted most things we need are provided by the earth.. But we would have struggle as a race without the progress we have made in the fields of medicine, conservation, and energy. Granted we got here at a cost. But there is always a cost for progress.

/ 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form