Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

i just Twisted-and-ripped!!!! will they stay in?

Will Gibbs
@will-gibbs
14 years ago
35 posts
i just Twisted-and-ripped!!!! will they stay in?My hair is 3 inches, now its very short cause i just twisted and ripped it, im about to go to bed and im scared it will all untangle, and all the hard work making them was for nothing. Should i go to be with a beanie on? Or will they stay together? PLEASE HELP!
updated by @will-gibbs: 01/13/15 08:38:58PM
ashley ✿
@ashley
14 years ago
167 posts
Well, i just did my hair a week ago, and they're staying in. I have heard that people wear hats to sleep in, and they help lock them up? I tried it once, but my sister lost my hat and I have to make another one to try it out longer, anywho, I don't know much about that kinda junk, but I should try sleeping with the hat on maybe? But don't just take my word for it, wait for more people to reply.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
pics would help, but if you're committed to growing out dreadlocks, even if they fall apart, you might have the sections down, and at least a start, a beanie/tam can help in the long run, but at 3inches it's a hard calll to make if they will stay,even so, it's not a bad thing, when locks mature they change so much from what they originally looked like anyway. (with the exception of heavily crocheted ones)
SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
Well i am still a lil scared to take my rubberbands out and i have had mine for 4 days now and i slepp with a bandan on for now because i dont have a beanie or tam but 3 inches of hair may be a lil short jus keep the rubber bands in for awhile till they stat to lock up
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
nonono take the rubber bands out they are no go9odand dont worry if they fall out they b=will dread t&r is not dreading its just a start that is not needed and if it fails who cares it wilo still dreadif t&r causes 1 single knot to survive its worth itso dont worry just sleep

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
i dunno. i've seen a lot of people think they twisted and ripped and it just untwirls... if you did it right it should stay in. you also shouldn't really lose a lot of length when you tnr, but if it was only 3 inches to begin with, who knows! but good luck!
Bird
@bird
14 years ago
74 posts
I TnRed mine in and they fell out pretty darn quickly. I'm 3.5 months in right now and I have been going natural since they all fell out. I have some major natties going on in the back, I will post new pics on my page soon.Point is, just try to go with it. If they all fall out, it'll be okay. As long as you clean your hair regularly, it will dread. Have fun with it!! :)No need for it to cause stress.
chemowasabi
@chemowasabi
14 years ago
20 posts
dont worry about your dreads unravelling at bedtime; sleep however you feel most comfortable. If anything, all the rolling around and brushing actually causes knots. sleeping in a beanie sounds like it would prevent movement in a negative waythe real test comes when you wash them. right now, your hair is sort of like...a pair of earbuds that you pulled out of your pocket. and when you wash, your hair is free to move and its like pulling on one end of the cord. if the cord simply comes completely undone, well, that was just loose wire pretending to be a knot. otherwise, you try to tug at the cord and it becomes this tight knotty mess that takes forever to undo. In the same fashion, water tends to either unravel dreads or make them tighter and denser.with tnr, the last inch or two will definately unravel, depending on how it was put in. but you should keep a solid inch left at the roots. if your dreads unravel a lot, just tnr again. your technique will be better after the practice you had the first round.
ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
14 years ago
153 posts
Same here only mine just partially fell. Point, leave it alone and be patient. Itll dread.

Bird said:
I TnRed mine in and they fell out pretty darn quickly. I'm 3.5 months in right now and I have been going natural since they all fell out. I have some major natties going on in the back, I will post new pics on my page soon.Point is, just try to go with it. If they all fall out, it'll be okay. As long as you clean your hair regularly, it will dread. Have fun with it!! :)No need for it to cause stress.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form