Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How did you start and what was the most effect?

Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
I just like to see how most people started and their dreads, and how they are doing now. So I know as much as possible before I lock up :) S.E. Has helped a lot too, but I'd also like more knowledge. Peace and love :)(P.S. Once I start I'll be keeping updates every month :) )
updated by @aaronthelegend: 02/05/18 03:12:47PM
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Out of boredom one day I ended up starting mine with Twist and Rip.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
spent a couple weeks at a gathering in vermont up in the mountains , didnt own a comb and i traded for some unuique beads a sister stuck em in my hair and in no time had dreads did nothing except get a few beads and hair wraps to remember the gathering byand they just dreadedeasy as can be alll naturalyand 20 years later im doin just fine biut to go to another gathering in a month where ill celebrate theyre 20th birthday

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I've wanted dreads since I was a kid. Just moved out in January and decided that it was the perfect time to start growing my locks. I'm growing naturally.
benjah
@benjah
14 years ago
114 posts
i only know natural, wrapped round some cotton on occasion but thats more for aesthetics really.enjoy the journey brother.
Alicia
@alicia
14 years ago
68 posts
I was going to backcomb but then SE told me about twist and rip..so I did that instead about 6 and a half weeks ago and so far I love them. They've come loose at the ends and at the top but the rest is very very knotted still and I don't think they will ever come out haha. If you'd rather not go natural..I would do twist and rip.
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
I was planning on twist and rip, and just not combing my hair. I'm going to use the baking soda mix to wash my hair tomorrow. Maybe wash my hair 3 times a week or something.
HUMMINGBIRD LOVE GORILLA
@hummingbird-love-gorilla
14 years ago
12 posts
i just stopped combing my hair, washed it every other day and lived life, its that easy im lucky tho, my hair started locking within weeks, i wouldnt have chosen any other method
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea mine dreaded fast by just havin fun in the mountains livin life and not combing easy as can be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Benjamin Allen
@benjamin-allen
14 years ago
13 posts
I originally backcombed and used wax, a few years ago. After a few months, they hadn't locked up, felt really greasy, and I wasn't happy, so I cut them off to start again. I then spent a few years with short hair, and recently decided to grow it and dread it again, naturally this time. It's only a couple of inches so far but I'm planning on just letting it grow into dreads
updated by @benjamin-allen: 07/03/15 04:41:44AM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form