dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

wax not so bad?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh yikeswow u gotta talk some sence into her if shes a freind GoldenEagle said:
Here is a picture of dreadlocks that were kept waxed.

*Side note: I don't have wax in any of my own dreadlocks and never intend on using wax. The picture above is someone I know of and that is what her dreadlocks looked like with wax.*

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 07:02:08PM
Orange Clock
@orange-clock
14 years ago
72 posts
I don't really care if you use wax or not but the thing is it really is pointless and a waste of good money. I was never happy at my "made" dreadlocks anyhow so I am biased and wax is not necessary.
Orange Clock
@orange-clock
14 years ago
72 posts
Has she been to grease. Thats not good looking GoldenEagle said:

*Side note: I don't have wax in any of my own dreadlocks and never intend on using wax. The picture above is someone I know of and that is what her dreadlocks looked like with wax.*
alicia jean
@alicia-jean
14 years ago
11 posts
i'm new to all this, but it seems that hunter is just trying to say 'hey, it worked for these ppl and it looked good.' he's not promoting, he's not telling anti-waxers that they are wrong, he's just observing.i understand that there are a lot of ppl here that have direct, bad experience with wax, but isn't it just a little tiny bit remotely possible that someone else had good luck with wax? most of you guys are trying to push forward an anti-wax cause because you see the risks, but with all the shoot downs and snide remarks you are making yourselves look bad.take it from a newbies point of view! who wants to align themselves with a group of ppl who nit pick and bicker? i think you are right in not using wax and i personally don't plan on doing so myself, but i know i'm not going to endear anyone to me by telling them they are totally wrong and if they insist on doing it their own way they are wasting their time. even if it's true, you don't win ppl over by insulting them.give them the truth! tell them your testimonies! but don't judge them for their choices! when that person comes across someone who has had good luck and mature dreads and they used wax it will make you look like a fool.there is so much good info on this site, and so many supportive ppl! don't spoil it by standing on a soap box!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i agree with you completely to a point but that point is that the few people u meet who had "good experiences" just means thay didnt have really bad ones.. with no no wax experience to compare it with theyre good experience just means they still have dreads it doesnrt mean the wax helped the dreads and it soesnt mean they'll still have dreads next year it just meanss so far they beat the oddsa good experience is only a matter of perspectibve and perspectives very limmited with only 1 experience to draw fromsome ppl tho like gargoyal just have that way of talkimg and i see how some can take it as being put downs but its just how he expresses himselfand hes actualy pretty aware of the fact that he comes off that waybut u should just appreciate the passion and not take offence

--
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
She doesn't use wax any more. I think she restarted her dreadlocks. The set she has now is wax free. soaringeagle said:
oh yikes
wow u gotta talk some sence into her if shes a freind

GoldenEagle said:

hippie mama
@hippie-mama
14 years ago
154 posts
my hubby and i both used wax in the beginning. weve had ours for a long time. ive had mine for about 4 yrs now and hes had his for almost 6 i think....not exactly sure but our dreads are not stiff. our dreads are not moldy, it only took my hair like a few months to be dreaded to wear they didnt fall apart. i have cut my dreads before and there was no mold in them. i mean honestly i think mold comes from dreads that dont dry more so then using a lil wax here and there. . . i mean i havent used wax in my hair for years but i did use it in the beginning and its really annoying that some dread issues are being considered just wax using problems. i mean honestly if u dye your dreads or wash ur dreads with shampoos that dont rinse out then theres gonna be stuff stuck in the middle from the right. i just dont see how it can all be because of wax. Now in my opinion if u use wax alot like everyday and melt it in your hair thats a diffrent stoty. but if u only use it in the beginning if u wash ur hair with warm water and soap overtime all of it would wash out. just like dirt and sand and soap residue. honestly i wouldnt change anything i did. i backcombed palm rolled and waxed in the beginning when my hair was only a few inches long. my hair is now down my back and i personally have had no problems. just do what you want to do and use your own line of thought. everyone here has their opinions and their methods just dont let anyone else bully you into a method that doesnt work for you. unbiased opinions are the best and im sure theres those out there cursing at me for this comment but honestly i dont care because i hate how ppl attack other ppls methods. i know they believe they are right and doing the right thing but like ive always said, moderation is the key. do what u think is right for you and if ur worried about the wax then dont use it but in my case and my husbands case we dont have any of the usual problems they say wax creates. either we are lucky or wax isnt that bad
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
14 years ago
154 posts
amen my friend. we need to start the anti judgemental peace love and all dreads group. no bickering no judgements all dread methods welcome. no arguing aloud. wax , neglect twistrip backcombing all dreads are still dreads. make love and not dread wars. alicia jean said:
i'm new to all this, but it seems that hunter is just trying to say 'hey, it worked for these ppl and it looked good.' he's not promoting, he's not telling anti-waxers that they are wrong, he's just observing.

i understand that there are a lot of ppl here that have direct, bad experience with wax, but isn't it just a little tiny bit remotely possible that someone else had good luck with wax? most of you guys are trying to push forward an anti-wax cause because you see the risks, but with all the shoot downs and snide remarks you are making yourselves look bad.

take it from a newbies point of view! who wants to align themselves with a group of ppl who nit pick and bicker? i think you are right in not using wax and i personally don't plan on doing so myself, but i know i'm not going to endear anyone to me by telling them they are totally wrong and if they insist on doing it their own way they are wasting their time. even if it's true, you don't win ppl over by insulting them.

give them the truth! tell them your testimonies! but don't judge them for their choices! when that person comes across someone who has had good luck and mature dreads and they used wax it will make you look like a fool.

there is so much good info on this site, and so many supportive ppl! don't spoil it by standing on a soap box!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
thank god she restarted i bet theyre way better GoldenEagle said:
She doesn't use wax any more. I think she restarted her dreadlocks. The set she has now is wax free.

soaringeagle said:
oh yikes

GoldenEagle said:

--
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
I need to correct my earlier statement.The picture of the waxy dreadlocks I posted was when she kept her dreadlocks waxy for the first few months. It wasn't until she got lazy and stopped using wax.At the moment and three years into the maturing process without wax: Newest picture soaringeagle said:
thank god she restarted i bet theyre way better

GoldenEagle said:
She doesn't use wax any more. I think she restarted her dreadlocks. The set she has now is wax free.

soaringeagle said:
oh yikes

GoldenEagle said:

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form