Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

wax not so bad?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
they look much better but still waxy and stiff you really should invite her to join and at least urge her to do agressive wax removalraggy how much faster did your dreads dread after u got the wax out?so u wasted 4 months working on them constantly and accomplished nothing huh and i bet 2 months after stopping wax u made way more progress then 4 months work and waxing huh GoldenEagle said:
I need to correct my earlier statement.

The picture of the waxy dreadlocks I posted was when she kept her dreadlocks waxy for the first few months. It wasn't until she got lazy and stopped using wax.

At the moment and three years into the maturing process without wax: Newest picture

soaringeagle said:
thank god she restarted i bet theyre way better

GoldenEagle said:
She doesn't use wax any more. I think she restarted her dreadlocks. The set she has now is wax free.

soaringeagle said:
oh yikes
wow u gotta talk some sence into her if shes a freind

GoldenEagle said:
Here is a picture of dreadlocks that were kept waxed.

*Side note: I don't have wax in any of my own dreadlocks and never intend on using wax. The picture above is someone I know of and that is what her dreadlocks looked like with wax.*

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/09/15 01:49:27PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
the moral of the storyjumping off a 200 foot cliff is badevery once in a while tho u hear of someone survivingbut does that make jumping off a cliff a good idea?or are u just 1 of those risk takers who gotta do it just to see if youd survive?if so..jump away and..good luckwe'll either see u at your your funeral or in the hospitalbut we sure wont see u dancing in the streetsthe choices are..harm or survival

--
Justmyparanoia
@justmyparanoia
14 years ago
15 posts
about wax: it's just unnecessary
Pamella
@pamella
14 years ago
31 posts
Wax wasn't for me nor my hair, but "to each his/her own"...If you feel you need to try it, then try it..That is the best way to settle it for yourself, probably :) ..Blessings to you either way you go with it..and will love to see your pics whichever you decide to choose...:) ~Peace~`
alicia jean
@alicia-jean
14 years ago
11 posts
you are awesome, as is everyone else with that attitude! Pamella said:
Wax wasn't for me nor my hair, but "to each his/her own"...If you feel you need to try it, then try it..That is the best way to settle it for yourself, probably :) ..Blessings to you either way you go with it..and will love to see your pics whichever you decide to choose...:) ~Peace~`
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
you can do w/e you want, but as someone who did that I'd like people to know it can make your locks months later feel ridiculously hard like sticks like in my case, something that not many people are aware of, and I know first hand how hard it is to truly get out of your hair beyond what you can just visibly see.imo do what you want, but anything hydrophobic despite w/e gimmicky claims, isn't a good idea for locks.
jamie
@jamie
14 years ago
4 posts
I have a wax I dont mind using on my dreads but use it so sparingly, it's never been an issue. I prefer aloe on a daily basis. I'm really sensitive too so, I realized early on that a lot of wax was just not for me. Not only on my dreads but against my skin as my dreads laid and moved across my skin, even though it feels good on my hair.
Hunter O'Rourke
@hunter-orourke
14 years ago
13 posts
thank you alicia.. thats what im trying to get across alicia jean said:
i'm new to all this, but it seems that hunter is just trying to say 'hey, it worked for these ppl and it looked good.' he's not promoting, he's not telling anti-waxers that they are wrong, he's just observing.

i understand that there are a lot of ppl here that have direct, bad experience with wax, but isn't it just a little tiny bit remotely possible that someone else had good luck with wax? most of you guys are trying to push forward an anti-wax cause because you see the risks, but with all the shoot downs and snide remarks you are making yourselves look bad.

take it from a newbies point of view! who wants to align themselves with a group of ppl who nit pick and bicker? i think you are right in not using wax and i personally don't plan on doing so myself, but i know i'm not going to endear anyone to me by telling them they are totally wrong and if they insist on doing it their own way they are wasting their time. even if it's true, you don't win ppl over by insulting them.

give them the truth! tell them your testimonies! but don't judge them for their choices! when that person comes across someone who has had good luck and mature dreads and they used wax it will make you look like a fool.

there is so much good info on this site, and so many supportive ppl! don't spoil it by standing on a soap box!
Hunter O'Rourke
@hunter-orourke
14 years ago
13 posts
i kinda agree.. i joined here to get help with my dreads not chastised, i mean since ive posted this ive met and talked to waxers who have had/still have dreads and look great..."Who are you to judge the life I live? I know i'm not perfect and I don't live to be, but before you start pointing fingers...make sure your hands are clean"-Bob Marley hippie mama said:
amen my friend. we need to start the anti judgemental peace love and all dreads group. no bickering no judgements all dread methods welcome. no arguing aloud. wax , neglect twistrip backcombing all dreads are still dreads. make love and not dread wars.

alicia jean said:
i'm new to all this, but it seems that hunter is just trying to say 'hey, it worked for these ppl and it looked good.' he's not promoting, he's not telling anti-waxers that they are wrong, he's just observing.

i understand that there are a lot of ppl here that have direct, bad experience with wax, but isn't it just a little tiny bit remotely possible that someone else had good luck with wax? most of you guys are trying to push forward an anti-wax cause because you see the risks, but with all the shoot downs and snide remarks you are making yourselves look bad.

take it from a newbies point of view! who wants to align themselves with a group of ppl who nit pick and bicker? i think you are right in not using wax and i personally don't plan on doing so myself, but i know i'm not going to endear anyone to me by telling them they are totally wrong and if they insist on doing it their own way they are wasting their time. even if it's true, you don't win ppl over by insulting them.

give them the truth! tell them your testimonies! but don't judge them for their choices! when that person comes across someone who has had good luck and mature dreads and they used wax it will make you look like a fool.

there is so much good info on this site, and so many supportive ppl! don't spoil it by standing on a soap box!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
nobody is telling u not to make your own mistakes theyre just telling u from experience wax is a mistakelook some people survive motorcycle accidents without a helmet does that mean riding without a helmets smart? what about the 2/3 who die from brain damage?yes u will meat a few who used wax and still have dreads after a few years..maybe even 5..hell i met 1 who had 10 year old waxed dreads..but what about the thousands and thousands who cut theyre wax dreads off?if u only want dreads 2-4 years..go ahead and wax..you will hate the sticky stiff mess but its your choice to makebut if u want dreads that last arent stiff sticky or smell gross then dont wax..wax does absolutely nothing good tho so i am clueless why youd take the riskwould u have sex with a crack ho without a condom just cause 1 guy did and claimed to not get an std?there have been people who jumped off the empire state building and survived..is that proof that jumping off a 40 story buildings "not so bad"?dude u meet 1 or 2 wax survivors good for u..u also have 800 wax victims here telling u not to wax...chastised? no try they are just trying to educate u and save u from yourselfbut..u can do what u want..u can always start over in a couple yearsmaybe you'll be lil wiser then

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/11/15 03:40:35AM

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form