Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

new dread locking gel from dreadlockshampoo.com

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the unscenred version maybe ok tho its still boiled flax seeds i dunno u can check the ingredients of the unscented version

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i just tried this in my beard in 3 sections 1 that was behing to dread just at the tip 2 others that were loose

ill give it a few days use and see

but its got a really refreshing scent

hard to describe bujt i like it

and it absolutely doesnt leave your hands slimy sticky or anything it doesnt flake or crust its really bizzare it seems to just soak in or cvanish completely leaving nio residue at all

it doesnt glue hair together like wax or twist gel so at 1st it doesnrt seem to do anything byut soak in but i think it will make it tanglke ujo fast

i'll try adding it every day for the next week and see

report back then

--
Andres2
@andres2
12 years ago
70 posts

haha yes! those darn hairs haha

i will definitely buy this after it gets more reviews.

Heather said:

i need this gel for the baby fine hair around my ears that refuses to knot.

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

i'm really looking forward to hearing some reviews. i can't afford to waste more money on products that won't work for me.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

isnt it wild how after a minute u cant even feel it on your fingers?

it really is something diferent

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i know i would never put most gels in my dreads but this stuffs really something different and just no way o=it wouldf build up or do harm

i think lock magic was the right name for it

--
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

so if its not sticky and it feels like water than how will it do anything? it sounds a lot like aloe.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

tyler i put a finfger in it got a dab on touched it to 2 spots semi nearrootd and middle then just ran bmy hand down smearing it end to end its easy

heather it is light if u use alot it ads just a tiny bit of stiffmness not to the dread but to the indif=vidual hairs that keeps em from flying away but still lets em move and knot its..kinda hard to explain i mean its not like waqter texture but when it dries i=on yoyr habds its like nothing was ever there but the hair texture and the way it behaves and looks does change so it kinda i guess penetrates

i was only avble to use it once cause my skins still too messed up fromthe pemphugus but even the 1 use did somethung gthe 3 beard sectioins i used it on are still getting knottied=r aeven after washings but loose

i think if i used it daily theyd be doing greart now but gotta heal lil more

when u dip a finger in its.somewhat viscouse not like vasaline or even most gels but definateky gekllike

but the amazing thing is no slippry stickiness minutes after wiping it on your hair

my 1st test i did a light coat..then a heavier one the heavy coat was most likely much more then needed and there was just a hint of ..almost stiffnessthat just kept them ti[ogether like a light hairspray would but not reallyItshard to describe

the scents wonderfukl

u dont smell it shortly adter u put it on anymore i mean it lingers maybe an hiur max but then when yiou wet your hair to wash ..there it is again

the scent comes back when wet

i wonder if it wouldf withsweattoo making u smell yummy when u get stinky..lol;

--
Kass
@kass
12 years ago
33 posts

Yeah, I asked Vicki a little bit about it and here's the email she sent back to me:

You can apply the gel to dry or damp hair. Just dip your fingertips
in the jar and twist that amount onto your dread. I twist until you
can;t see any beads of gel. So its not a ton of gel. You can do this
everyday in between washes. You can let it get wet in each shower
without washing and then apply it again. It doesn't build up. You
can reapply in the same day.
I know you will love what it does so you don't need to wear a tam. Play
around with it. I hope this helps.

I've used it twice now, and I agree with SE. It's definitely gel like, but doesn't function like you would think a gel would. I've gotten best results from twisting it into my hair as Vicki advised. It definitely does trap the lose hairs and keeps them together. They get rough around the edges and stay together--I can see it with one of my flyaways already.

I think the most important part with the gel is, like Vicki said, to play around with it and see what works best for you. I definitely think daily use is possible and even recommended. Plus your hair smells so fucking good after using it how could you not.

updated by @kass: 07/22/15 05:54:31AM
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
12 years ago
409 posts

So it's the gel from boiling flax seeds? I've heard of people using that as a hair pomade. You stir and simmer for up to ten minutes and then sift out the seeds. I've been reading good things about it from non-pooers. The horror stories of over boiling are hilarious. "lumpy alien space snot!" was my fave.

I wonder, though, how moisturizing this stuff is. I've got ten 'teen-agers' right now randomly all over my head(top layer of hair, naturally) so I wonder if this would be appropriate for me yet.-- or at least those really soft babies who are still indecisive.

/ 12

Dislike 1

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form