Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

i just tried SE's baking soda wash :)

hippie mama
@hippie-mama
15 years ago
154 posts
back in the day when i had dreads for the first time i used sea salt and it gave me a rash around my scalp so dont use to much and if it starts hurting ur skin after a while like making a rash stop using it. thats the only advice i have.
updated by @hippie-mama: 07/19/15 10:06:42AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i keep tellin ppl to rince it out after an hour or 2..if u leave it on too long it can really do a number on your scalp Kim hippie mama said:
back in the day when i had dreads for the first time i used sea salt and it gave me a rash around my scalp so dont use to much and if it starts hurting ur skin after a while like making a rash stop using it. thats the only advice i have.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
btw this IS NOT MY BAKING SODA WASH i originaly got the idea from kyndmomma (she tried joining yesterday i dunno why she didnt)and after getting the idea from her i found lots and lots of other refferences to using baking soda to wash on alotta long hair forums and stuff,,her version included sea salt and lemon juice..i discontinued both in my version altho i think the sea salt is good if u need it, i just didnt think the lemon was doin anything good except add to frizzinessthe baking soda mix is easy to customize and make it your own

--
gr8fuldreadgrrl
@gr8fuldreadgrrl
15 years ago
4 posts
I too started washing with this after joining this forum. It freaking rocks. I even wash my hair more now. ha. :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
you could be right, im no chemist but i do know a basic principle an acid and a base combine to make a salt(right?)so the reaction of acid and base in some hair types would maybe work best..i guess its somewhat based on ph?its pretty easy to experiment with different recipies and see what works best for uin the other threads i think like the super clean dreads thread i think i covered alotta customization options but i forget if lemon juice was 1..probably wasbtw she tried joining last night i dunno why she disnt..but shes sorta trying to stay off the net more latelyedit:yea i did mention the lemon juice http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/super-clean-dreads-safe-for however if u want that edited just let me know what u think needs changing

--
Angel
@angel
15 years ago
77 posts
Would adding the sea salt to the baking soda wash have the same effect, as just spraying the sea salt alone??
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
yeaor almost u dont leave it on as longit might not help as much as sprayin it but then again u dont really need it anyway so any use will help Angel said:
Would adding the sea salt to the baking soda wash have the same effect, as just spraying the sea salt alone??

--
Angel
@angel
15 years ago
77 posts
Thanks, and not to change the subject of the thread. But when and how should I use the sea salt spray? After I wash my hair? While its still wet or when dry? If you got a link to that info, it would be great.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
well use it too often and u overdry your hairsome ppl leave it on for days, but its recomended that ya spray it on anmd rinse out an hour or 2 later as it can become very iritating to scalpif ya use it after u wash..then rince out lil later on it does everything its gonna do without needing to be left on..after you swim in the ocean u usualy rinse out the sea water right? Angel said:
Thanks, and not to change the subject of the thread. But when and how should I use the sea salt spray? After I wash my hair? While its still wet or when dry? If you got a link to that info, it would be great.

--
Kundalini Rise
@kundalini-rise
14 years ago
67 posts
What process did you use? Thanks.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form