Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

teach a teacher about dreads and dread wax

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
how is it positive when wax ..even just 1 application slows the dreading process and ..never comes outand dont try lying and saying it washes out when wax by the nature of wax is waterproof and has been known to not wash out after many many years of washinghow is it "benificial" to add a residue when only non residue soaps are recomemdedthe only "benifit" is in the veryu 1st day and to your profit margin..the only benifit is in looking less fuzzy for a day so you can claim to have done a excelent job Altered_alex said:
Yea no problem i would love to stick around. Experience with wax in my opinion is if used sparingly and by wax i mean dh or knottyboy wax definately not pure beeswax!! is positive. i would invite opinions from people who have had a bad time with this.

Anubis said:
Preferably, I'd like you to stick around(pun intended) and read many of the personal statements about wax that we have on this site and then make your decision whether you want to endorse it or not. If you are of the same 'Altered State' that I remembered hearing about way back while reading on other forums then I hope you are still a fair company that will give honest descriptions of the products you endorse and stick(again =p) to the ones that can be a positive influence on the people that use them.

Altered_alex said:
Hi Guys
I am the owner of the site alteredstatesuk.com i do endorse the products from dreadhead and knottyboy. I think wax definately has a place in aiding dreadlock creation and maturation. The wax from these companies are soft and comes out when washed using an apropriate shampoo and hot water. Howver do not over wax of it can build up and be just as much a hinderance to dreads.

I do not sell the dreadhead lock tools as they are not good for dreads they can blow holes in them. The best and only tool to really tidy up dreads is a 0.75 crotchet hook see
http://www.alteredstatesuk.com/customer-gallery/index.php?action=br...
for an example of my work.

We have over 5 years exerience of doing peoples dreadlocks and have seen hundreds of people. We are always open to other points of views.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 07:13:50AM
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
I would never personally endorse the dhhq wax given that he says his product are 'natural' yet all but insults organic products and methods. Personally I'm against the use of wax until I see the number of people using it down to those who know the purpose and effects before hand....Otherwise, knotty boy seems to be a pretty chill corporation who uses all organic products. Altered_alex said:
Yea no problem i would love to stick around. Experience with wax in my opinion is if used sparingly and by wax i mean dh or knottyboy wax definately not pure beeswax!! is positive. i would invite opinions from people who have had a bad time with this.
Anubis said:
Preferably, I'd like you to stick around(pun intended) and read many of the personal statements about wax that we have on this site and then make your decision whether you want to endorse it or not. If you are of the same 'Altered State' that I remembered hearing about way back while reading on other forums then I hope you are still a fair company that will give honest descriptions of the products you endorse and stick(again =p) to the ones that can be a positive influence on the people that use them.

Altered_alex said:
Hi Guys
I am the owner of the site alteredstatesuk.com i do endorse the products from dreadhead and knottyboy. I think wax definately has a place in aiding dreadlock creation and maturation. The wax from these companies are soft and comes out when washed using an apropriate shampoo and hot water. Howver do not over wax of it can build up and be just as much a hinderance to dreads.

I do not sell the dreadhead lock tools as they are not good for dreads they can blow holes in them. The best and only tool to really tidy up dreads is a 0.75 crotchet hook see http://www.alteredstatesuk.com/customer-gallery/index.php?action=br... for an example of my work.We have over 5 years exerience of doing peoples dreadlocks and have seen hundreds of people. We are always open to other points of views.
Altered_alex
@altered-alex
14 years ago
10 posts
Ok wow tension in the room. The name wax is slightly missleading. It is not pure wax and DOES wash out. The wax holds the hair in place long enough for it to retain memory like using straighteners. Then it washes out. With respect if you have not used product on your hair for 20 years how can you comment on this?(pure beeswax never comes out. I know i had this in to begin with first and had to slowley vut it out) soaringeagle said:
how is it positive when wax ..even just 1 application slows the dreading process and ..never comes out
and dont try lying and saying it washes out when wax by the nature of wax is waterproof and has been known to not wash out after many many years of washing

how is it "benificial" to add a residue when only non residue soaps are recomemded

the only "benifit" is in the veryu 1st day and to your profit margin..the only benifit is in looking less fuzzy for a day so you can claim to have done a excelent job

Altered_alex said:

Anubis said:

Altered_alex said:
Hi Guys

I do not sell the dreadhead lock tools as they are not good for dreads they can blow holes in them. The best and only tool to really tidy up dreads is a 0.75 crotchet hook see

We have over 5 years exerience of doing peoples dreadlocks and have seen hundreds of people. We are always open to other points of views.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
by the way what difference does a 0.50 and a 0.75 hole in a dread make? a hole ie a hole is a hole crochet perforates dreads breaking hundreds of hairs with every dozen yiu ?'fix" you create fuzzier dreads in the long run that need constant repair..and that repair does constant damage needing constant repairyou just made the lowest maintenance hairstyle into a 15 hour a week chore for lifehows that helping people?do you make them aware at the time that the price of vanity is hundreds and hundreds of hours of work?often i see people cut theyre dreads because they are "too much work to maintain" and i think what? ive done nothing in 20 years hows that too much work.. then i read about crochet dreads that 8 years into the dreading process still get crocheted 15 hours a week every weekand i have to think yea if that was what dreads were id chop them too

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
huh? how is wax not wax..the ingredients contain 2 types of waxand how does it wash out when 6 years of washing has proven to not wash it out?and ..retains memory? thats a made up term..lolstraighteners permanently alter the texture of hair.. wax permanently glues hair together.. thats not retaining memory its gluing hair togetherthat is all wax does and all wax will ever do Altered_alex said:
Ok wow tension in the room. The name wax is slightly missleading. It is not pure wax and DOES wash out. The wax holds the hair in place long enough for it to retain memory like using straighteners. Then it washes out. With respect if you have not used product on your hair for 20 years how can you comment on this?
(pure beeswax never comes out. I know i had this in to begin with first and had to slowley vut it out)

soaringeagle said:
how is it positive when wax ..even just 1 application slows the dreading process and ..never comes out
and dont try lying and saying it washes out when wax by the nature of wax is waterproof and has been known to not wash out after many many years of washing

how is it "benificial" to add a residue when only non residue soaps are recomemded

the only "benifit" is in the veryu 1st day and to your profit margin..the only benifit is in looking less fuzzy for a day so you can claim to have done a excelent job

Altered_alex said:

Anubis said:

Altered_alex said:
Hi Guys

--
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
I do have a question regarding this, although it is a rhetorical question. Given that the oils in the dread wax are soluble in most soap but the wax isn't...what does the wax bind to after the oils are washed out? Just a basic chemistry question. Altered_alex said:
Ok wow tension in the room. The name wax is slightly missleading. It is not pure wax and DOES wash out. The wax holds the hair in place long enough for it to retain memory like using straighteners. Then it washes out. With respect if you have not used product on your hair for 20 years how can you comment on this?
(pure beeswax never comes out. I know i had this in to begin with first and had to slowley vut it out)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

2 months of using knotty boy less then recommended then 4 years of washing resulted in thisafter years of "dreading" the dreads were not truly dreaded at all and were easily pulled apart by fingers

this is the wax buildup found in the dreadshas this wax "washed out"?if so why is it still there

this is the result of using sparingly just in the beginning

scariest thing of all this is the same dread seen above AFTER BEING PULLED APART it was then just palm rolled once and retained memory by being glued back together into sa dread looking sticky messalso if u look up the vids of these dreads being cut on here they would stand straight up if held at the base..thats retaining memory too being stiff stuck in place unagble to movethe only memory these dreads will retain is the memory of them lying on the floor afrter being cut offand the memory of how gross it was to open them up and find nothing but a wax core with lint stuck to it

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Just to make sure you aren't overwhelmed by personal experience that is typically brushed off as over waxing I'll repeat the the question that is scientific evidence:Given that the oils in the dread wax are soluble in most soap but the wax isn't...what does the wax bind to after the oils are washed out?It's just basic chemistry.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yes use the top reply box under original post or at the end after last post theres 2 reply to this 1 for that post 1 for the thread in generalit just depends on if your replying o a specific post you quote it so you know whays being replied tou could also just delete the quoted parts orr delete all but the 1 sentence your respomding to Yoshi said:
Alex read some on this group http://www.dreadlockssite.com/group/dreadwaxrecovery

Many of the people whose information I've been reading talked about waxing "lightly" and still finding wax in their hair a year later or more. Some of these posts include pictures.

There are over 900 members on this site and with the exception of you and one other who asked questions yesterday but had apparently never had dreads every single person I've talked to or read posts by is rather anti wax, more than half of them with stories behind that.

Personally I haven't used wax, my dread journey started under 3 weeks ago and with the experience I had (that you can read about in this thread) I don't want to chance it. Chemically I can't imagine how you can mix wax with anything and come up with a substance non waxy that won't wash out.

It would be easy to find out if anyone thinks wax is a good thing. Check the "groups" in a bit, I'll personally add a "Pro-Wax" group and we can see how many of the 900+ current members join, and how many new ones will.

Beyond that, is there any way people can reply to messages here without adding a page of previously posted text?

--
Altered_alex
@altered-alex
14 years ago
10 posts
Do we have any pictures of the middle of dreads that have never been waxed?Importantly doesn't the out side of the dread look good and neat?

/ 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form