Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

teach a teacher about dreads and dread wax

Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
most frustrating thing, especially if you look at the older questions already answered, they were all terrible, only recently have there been half-way decent answers
updated by @iain: 07/23/15 05:11:54PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh tes i agreewhenever i answer 1 before i even answer i go through and give almost every answer a thumbs down (except yours ..yours are always good)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Altered_alex
@altered-alex
14 years ago
10 posts
Hi GuysI am the owner of the site alteredstatesuk.com i do endorse the products from dreadhead and knottyboy. I think wax definately has a place in aiding dreadlock creation and maturation. The wax from these companies are soft and comes out when washed using an apropriate shampoo and hot water. Howver do not over wax of it can build up and be just as much a hinderance to dreads.I do not sell the dreadhead lock tools as they are not good for dreads they can blow holes in them. The best and only tool to really tidy up dreads is a 0.75 crotchet hook see http://www.alteredstatesuk.com/customer-gallery/index.php?action=browse-gallery&galleryID=143&rd=/customer-gallery/index.php?keywords=angus&x=0&y=0&search=1 for an example of my work.We have over 5 years exerience of doing peoples dreadlocks and have seen hundreds of people. We are always open to other points of views.
Altered_alex
@altered-alex
14 years ago
10 posts
Hi ThereThat is your opinion and valid. I wonder why you become angry about it though. Surely it is upto an individual to have free choice. Like any hair cut there are different ways to go about it. We find using products give excellent long lasting results as our returning customers can testify to. Sister Rags said:
I find myself feeling angry about this subject - then I feel bad because I feel angry. But maybe the anger is a good thing ultimately, because I feel more strongly inspired to let folks know that dreads are not something you BUY.
Altered_alex
@altered-alex
14 years ago
10 posts
The salon aproach is about instantly looking good. However what is wrong with this? Dreadlocks don't need to be such a long term inestment. Dreads can look good straight away. Although they will always look better the longer you have them. This doesn't mean they won't last however. Why would it? I think the issue at hand here is more of thwe mind set behind getting dreadlocks. I apreaciate that for a a lot of people it is a deeply spiritual path. However for some it is just a funky hair style. Can both not co- exist? soaringeagle said:
yes yes yes that is exactly the issue i have with salon dreads ..its all about looking good right away but the dreads end up being throw away dreads you woerk and work and work at making em look a certain wayy and then they either mold up and turn gross or break off
the whole salon dreasd philosophy is instant gratification at the sacrifice of longevity
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
I may not speak for all people here but I believe I speak for most in saying that no, the instant look is not a bad thing for people who know that is what they want. It is however bad that it's pushed onto people that end up spending some $250 on a learning experience expecting to have locks that will last. But saying they will look better the longer they have them is only a technicality and depends on how much they are willing to cut off at a time. Altered_alex said:
The salon aproach is about instantly looking good. However what is wrong with this? Dreadlocks don't need to be such a long term inestment. Dreads can look good straight away. Although they will always look better the longer you have them. This doesn't mean they won't last however. Why would it? I think the issue at hand here is more of thwe mind set behind getting dreadlocks. I apreaciate that for a a lot of people it is a deeply spiritual path. However for some it is just a funky hair style. Can both not co- exist?

soaringeagle said:
yes yes yes that is exactly the issue i have with salon dreads ..its all about looking good right away but the dreads end up being throw away dreads you woerk and work and work at making em look a certain wayy and then they either mold up and turn gross or break off
the whole salon dreasd philosophy is instant gratification at the sacrifice of longevity
Altered_alex
@altered-alex
14 years ago
10 posts
hey AnubisI think $250 is not a bad price is done properly and this is the most important thing. SOOO much of my work is repairing jobs of bad salons. I totaly agree there is lots of salons that do not have a clue. If done properly however dreads will last as long as you want them. They will certainly not need to be cut off.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Preferably, I'd like you to stick around(pun intended) and read many of the personal statements about wax that we have on this site and then make your decision whether you want to endorse it or not. If you are of the same 'Altered State' that I remembered hearing about way back while reading on other forums then I hope you are still a fair company that will give honest descriptions of the products you endorse and stick(again =p) to the ones that can be a positive influence on the people that use them. Altered_alex said:
Hi Guys
I am the owner of the site alteredstatesuk.com i do endorse the products from dreadhead and knottyboy. I think wax definately has a place in aiding dreadlock creation and maturation. The wax from these companies are soft and comes out when washed using an apropriate shampoo and hot water. Howver do not over wax of it can build up and be just as much a hinderance to dreads.

I do not sell the dreadhead lock tools as they are not good for dreads they can blow holes in them. The best and only tool to really tidy up dreads is a 0.75 crotchet hook see
http://www.alteredstatesuk.com/customer-gallery/index.php?action=br...
for an example of my work.

We have over 5 years exerience of doing peoples dreadlocks and have seen hundreds of people. We are always open to other points of views.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Ha, that was my problem. I was thinking of altered state tattoo...*smh*....In your customer gallery I say you did an especially well job at fixing up the lloyd guy. Seems like you saved some length from whoever got hold of the hot glue gun and your dreadfalls aren't too horrible...... Altered_alex said:
hey Anubis
I think $250 is not a bad price is done properly and this is the most important thing. SOOO much of my work is repairing jobs of bad salons. I totaly agree there is lots of salons that do not have a clue. If done properly however dreads will last as long as you want them. They will certainly not need to be cut off.
Altered_alex
@altered-alex
14 years ago
10 posts
Yea no problem i would love to stick around. Experience with wax in my opinion is if used sparingly and by wax i mean dh or knottyboy wax definately not pure beeswax!! is positive. i would invite opinions from people who have had a bad time with this. Anubis said:
Preferably, I'd like you to stick around(pun intended) and read many of the personal statements about wax that we have on this site and then make your decision whether you want to endorse it or not. If you are of the same 'Altered State' that I remembered hearing about way back while reading on other forums then I hope you are still a fair company that will give honest descriptions of the products you endorse and stick(again =p) to the ones that can be a positive influence on the people that use them.

Altered_alex said:
Hi Guys
I am the owner of the site alteredstatesuk.com i do endorse the products from dreadhead and knottyboy. I think wax definately has a place in aiding dreadlock creation and maturation. The wax from these companies are soft and comes out when washed using an apropriate shampoo and hot water. Howver do not over wax of it can build up and be just as much a hinderance to dreads.

I do not sell the dreadhead lock tools as they are not good for dreads they can blow holes in them. The best and only tool to really tidy up dreads is a 0.75 crotchet hook see
http://www.alteredstatesuk.com/customer-gallery/index.php?action=br...
for an example of my work.

We have over 5 years exerience of doing peoples dreadlocks and have seen hundreds of people. We are always open to other points of views.

/ 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form