your son should try selling some beads on here

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/10/15 09:14:11PM
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
14 years ago
159 posts
I think he should too.I have also designed a couple of hair barrettes and hair pins that I would like to put together using sea Glass in cased in silver. Other ideas I would use deer/elk antler, wood, semi precious stones. Everything is sketched out and now I need to find a jewler or I will teach myself to do it, so I get it done just the way I want it. There really isn't any thing out there that I have found that is of the quality that I want. I want some "one of a kind" pieces. I have access to the above materials....sooooo I should be able to do this.peace
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
do it yourseklf finding a jewler to do it will be expensive unless its a friend but you can do it yourself and teach yourself what r the ideas...i did jewelery for years and loved it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
14 years ago
85 posts
If you're hard up, you can use copper tubing, available at all hardware stores. Just smooth out the rough edges. If you have a dremel you can get creative too.
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
Like SE said in page 1 i have a few bolts in mine bits of copper pipe cut up and painted lol:), anything that i find and i think hey that can fit on this dread
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
No no found a couple the other day lying about my house painted them different coulers ill have to take a new photo and post it up :)
PoopiePants
@poopiepants
14 years ago
81 posts
This is funny because I actually found one of these on the side of the road and took it apart for beads for necklaces. Since finding out that beads aid in the locking process, these were the first ones that came to my mind for me to use. Where I live in canaduh there's a dollar store(dollarama) that sells bamboo fishing rods. I got a bunch for making plugs for my earlobes. They'd actually make great beads too. soaringeagle said:
go to a junk yard, find a car with a beaded massage seat cover

cut it apart and u got 10000 beads
Emberanna
@emberanna
14 years ago
23 posts
Get some polymer clay (like Sculpey III) in fun colors, and some Sculpey gloss glaze. Then swirl and twist colors together, stick curlies and flowers on a plain ball, etc, Basically play with play-do like you did when you were a kid. After baking at 275 for 15 minutes they are hard enough to sleep on, and the glaze will make them shiny and glass like. I am posting pictures in an album as I make beads. :) Basically, I was looking for them online and found that people were making them out of polymer clay. So I googled "polymer clay" to find out what it was and realized I could make beads myself and chose whatever size hole I wanted.
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
Now THAT is an awesome idea!!! Thanks! Polymer clay - I can do that. I can play with the kids at the same time LOL! Have a michaels here which should carry it. Am going to try it asap!!! Emberanna said:
Get some polymer clay (like Sculpey III) in fun colors, and some Sculpey gloss glaze. Then swirl and twist colors together, stick curlies and flowers on a plain ball, etc, Basically play with play-do like you did when you were a kid. After baking at 275 for 15 minutes they are hard enough to sleep on, and the glaze will make them shiny and glass like. I am posting pictures in an album as I make beads. :) Basically, I was looking for them online and found that people were making them out of polymer clay. So I googled "polymer clay" to find out what it was and realized I could make beads myself and chose whatever size hole I wanted.
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
ya, polymer clay definitely. You can make them however you want, I wrote out this whole long thing about it but then when it posted saw the reply to another post above and was like, well oops.so i just say I second that idea =]
updated by @cavewoman: 07/19/15 06:57:48AM

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form