11 years ago
8 posts

perfect ,this is gonna help me a lot:)

updated by @aleida-kuijzer: 07/23/15 04:12:35AM
crunchy mummy
@crunchy-mummy
11 years ago
6 posts
Thanks Barrellady! I started out with all the wrong ideas unknowingly, completing 10-15 back combed dreads, and 5 or so TNRs. I then found dreadlockssite, thankfully, and have done nothing more than shampoo, rinse, and separate, separate, separate ever since. I'm about 5 months into my dreading journey and I definitely have sleepy head dreads. I've been trying to sleep on the opposite side recently more often than not, easier said than done!So it's totally normal that the top of my hair is not dreading like the underneath yet, but mostly sectioning? I keep wondering when the it will start to happen there more. The natural dreads that have started all choose to start in strange places too, right in the center of the section, towards the end, or the top. I am really excited for the day I will finally have the dreads I have been waiting for for 15 years, and actually working towards for 5 months now. I expect it will be at least a year. O, and some, like my very 1st naturally formed lock, are much different in length from each other as well...very interesting, I feel like I am wearing a story. I love to read!Awesome, awesome tips, hope anyone new or browsing reads them! Thanks again. Peaces ;)-Crunchymummy
Will4
@will4
11 years ago
4 posts

This is *way* helpful!

Thanks for all the GREAT information, Barrellady!!!

Your dreads look awesome!

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Thanks right back at you Will

Will said:

This is *way* helpful!

Thanks for all the GREAT information, Barrellady!!!

Your dreads look awesome!

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Thanks, I am glad the tips helped ease any worries you may have had. Once your dreads are mature, they will be the same length if they started out the same length. They are just shrinking at different times. It all works out in the end. Enjoy the rest of your "story"....peace

crunchy mummy said:

Thanks Barrellady! I started out with all the wrong ideas unknowingly, completing 10-15 back combed dreads, and 5 or so TNRs. I then found dreadlockssite, thankfully, and have done nothing more than shampoo, rinse, and separate, separate, separate ever since. I'm about 5 months into my dreading journey and I definitely have sleepy head dreads. I've been trying to sleep on the opposite side recently more often than not, easier said than done!

So it's totally normal that the top of my hair is not dreading like the underneath yet, but mostly sectioning? I keep wondering when the it will start to happen there more. The natural dreads that have started all choose to start in strange places too, right in the center of the section, towards the end, or the top. I am really excited for the day I will finally have the dreads I have been waiting for for 15 years, and actually working towards for 5 months now. I expect it will be at least a year. O, and some, like my very 1st naturally formed lock, are much different in length from each other as well...very interesting, I feel like I am wearing a story. I love to read!

Awesome, awesome tips, hope anyone new or browsing reads them! Thanks again. Peaces ;)

-Crunchymummy
SimpleSpiveys
@simplespiveys
11 years ago
58 posts
Thank you so much
Guðni Rúnar Gefnarson
@guni-rnar-gefnarson
11 years ago
1 posts

This was very informative and reassuring. I've been feeling self conscious about how messy my dreads are. But yeah,patience is something I'll try and improve my self in :)

Tanky T..
@tanky-t
11 years ago
17 posts
Thanks for the tips!! Im 3 weeks into my tnr journey but some of mine are very tight and braid looking. Should I start over? Everyone keeps saying their got really loose but I cant see that happening. So confused! Thanks
Moon Raven
@moon-raven
11 years ago
32 posts

So glad you posted your knowledge Barrellady! I read this a couple of times for the recipes & just to make sure my baby dreads are b'have'n.

Blessings,

Moon Raven

Indiga Silverhawk
@indiga-silverhawk
11 years ago
9 posts

tp? doesnt that just fall apart? sorry, lol, i pictured a nasty chick who doesnt wipe well...

Sweet, said:

I like the tip about the towels as i use a whole roll of toilet paper each time i dry my dreads :P Also pulling them apart after washing i'll try as it bloody hurts whenthey rdry!

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form