Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

5 days and super loose.

Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
12 years ago
122 posts
Frizz isn't the problem. Some of my sections are completely unknotted, is all. Sleeping on it seemed to help some and I'll order beads tomorrow. :)I couldn't even find craft beads! Yarr
updated by @kelsey-cliche: 07/23/15 04:36:25PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

really, it happens to all of us. It's just a hump you have to get over. They'll start tangling again on their own. The beads will help dramatically though

Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
12 years ago
122 posts
YES. Haha my hair looks exactly like your one month pic. Wavy. :) did you do anything else to it at that point or let it be?

bobbi blaine said:

that happened to me too, check out my timeline

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If your's looks, at a few days, like hers does at 1 month, you're moving along wonderfully

Sussi
@sussi
12 years ago
84 posts

Same thing happened to me after the first washing, you can see it in my one week photo. I know it's not the best formy hair, but I use rubberbands to keep the dreads together and that has helped them. My hairtype is fine and straight so the bands are not eaten by the dreads, but I understand that if you have thicker and curly hair that could happen. I do keep an eye on the bands though, I don't want them to get stuck and I'm planning on removing them now that the dreads are a little more formed. I've also used string and that's probably a better idea and an alternative if you don't have beads.

Please don't hate on me for the bands, I do know that I really should not be using them but when my t&r babies fell apart it seemed like a good idea and it has helped them. Should add that I had not found this site yet when I put them in. :-)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I can spout all the dangers of bands that I want to, but the truth is I used them for a few weeks when mine started. I just kept an eye on them. Plus, most just broke and fell out on their own after a few washes and sprays with oil. The only downside is that they tend to pull out hairs when you remove them

Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
12 years ago
122 posts
I've tried to reply now three times from my phone...boo. Thank you everyone for the support! I know you hear the same issues over and over again. I think it's just hard for me to trust my hair to do its thing, when I've spent so many years trying to tame it and make it do what I want. I found beads at the last craft store I went to, so I put those in. They are staying in sections and are extremely wavy. I posted some pics on my page. :] Thanks again for your help and comments!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

trying to tame it

now u want it to be untamed

u were figting to prevent dreads stop fighting and let it happen

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

I have also been using elastics. not really rubber bands. I change them every week to ensure that they are not being eaten. and i usually leave them unbanded for a day or two before i put them back in. My hair is just so short my dreads not only come undone but its impossible to keep my sections together and keep them from running all into each other. I want to make sure my sections are clean for life. i think its worth it, i havent noticed anything bad other than putting bands on all 66 of my dreads takes freaking forever.... at least an hour.

Sussi said:

Same thing happened to me after the first washing, you can see it in my one week photo. I know it's not the best formy hair, but I use rubberbands to keep the dreads together and that has helped them. My hairtype is fine and straight so the bands are not eaten by the dreads, but I understand that if you have thicker and curly hair that could happen. I do keep an eye on the bands though, I don't want them to get stuck and I'm planning on removing them now that the dreads are a little more formed. I've also used string and that's probably a better idea and an alternative if you don't have beads.

Please don't hate on me for the bands, I do know that I really should not be using them but when my t&r babies fell apart it seemed like a good idea and it has helped them. Should add that I had not found this site yet when I put them in. :-)

Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

they were also coming undone something terrible. I tried to do the freeform thing but man i just cant handle it man. walking around looking like a frizzy mushroom just aint my style. The bands make them look more like dreads and not like wild animals fought on my head... But if i had longer hair i dont think i would use the bands.

Spencer Mcduffy said:

I have also been using elastics. not really rubber bands. I change them every week to ensure that they are not being eaten. and i usually leave them unbanded for a day or two before i put them back in. My hair is just so short my dreads not only come undone but its impossible to keep my sections together and keep them from running all into each other. I want to make sure my sections are clean for life. i think its worth it, i havent noticed anything bad other than putting bands on all 66 of my dreads takes freaking forever.... at least an hour.

Sussi said:

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form