13 years ago
36 posts

Ok cool I'll try that thanks :)

updated by @storm: 07/10/15 02:59:25AM
Jesse Parker
@jesse-parker
13 years ago
57 posts

Has anyone tried Suave naturals shampoos? I was wondering if those would be aight to use.

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i'm so bummed. desert essence has decided to change their formulas of their shampoos. now the lemon tea tree clarifying shampoo has aloe vera as the base in the shampoo. aloe makes my hair super soft so using this would probably ruin my still developing locs. i found one bottle of the old formula at sprouts so i bought it. i'll be stocking up on this shampoo when i find them.

Lunatic
@lunatic
13 years ago
24 posts

I have tried Lush's solid shampoo puck called Squeaky green just a few days ago. We have hard water and i was almost desperately looking for something that wouldn't leave gunky stuff on my scalp and clean it really nice. I've found that in Squeaky green, and it smells really nice and herbaly. Their shampoos are a bit pricey (they vary from 5-8 euros), but the saleswoman have told me that one shampoo puck usually lasts as long as three normal bottles of liquid shampoo, so the price isn't that exaggarated. After one use, one can barely see that it has been used. Though it lathered really nicely.

Which brings me to the one really negative point in deciding to buy this product. It's SLS, sodium laureth sulphate, it's a detergent used for cleaning floor and other surfaces... also put in most shampoos, tooth pastes and other body cosmetics. It is said to cause cancer.

Though i will keep using it, because it makes my scalp really clean and good smelling. At least until i get a water softener.

Antonis Nicolaides
@antonis-nicolaides
13 years ago
3 posts

Shall i use lush soap bars? Do they really work?

Lunatic
@lunatic
13 years ago
24 posts

If you have hard water i would definitely suggest Lush shampoo bars. Just watch out for those with hair detangling effect, the salesperson should know all about it.

But if you don't have hard water i believe better solution is baking soda, since it's all natural and cheaper as well (: good luck!

Cathy Givans
@cathy-givans
13 years ago
44 posts

I am totally feeling the hard water dilemma! It was part of my dread demise. Took them out after four months because I just couldn't find something that cleaned my hair without drying it out so bad it bad it was breaking (I have really, really dry hair) I am getting ready to order this: http://www.dreadlockshampoo.com/page5.html . soaring eagle recommended it...has anyone else tried it? How long does it last? I am trying to decide if I should buy one bar or two. How does the bar thing work?

Shelby Phillips
@shelby-phillips
13 years ago
1 posts
So which nag champa soap do I buy from the maylees website? There's a buncha dif kinds they're all bar soaps and all dif prices. That's def what I'm gunna go with tho if some one will tell me which one
KNOTLOCKS
@knotlocks
13 years ago
23 posts

This iframe is not allowed

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

try this 1 www.dreadlockshampoo.com maylees is great but wi=]ont wiork in hard water this stuffs by far the best dreadlocks shampoo i ever found

Shelby Phillips said:

So which nag champa soap do I buy from the maylees website? There's a buncha dif kinds they're all bar soaps and all dif prices. That's def what I'm gunna go with tho if some one will tell me which one

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 9

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form