Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Bald spots?! Or is it just me?!

Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
So I'm sitting right at 15 months in, and I'm noticing that the right side of my head seems to have a number of bald spots... or rather, spots where the scalp is INCREDIBLY apparent.... at least to me. I was going through my dreads last night... seeing if there was some way that I could possibly split a few to cover the gaps, but there's just no way... 90% of the dreads on that side of my head are small in girth as it is... then I have one monster of a dread on the side, and one congo of two smaller dreads (done for the smallest dread's saftey) but neither of those are in spots where the scalp is showing the worst... I think pictures are in order...Good Side: Good side 15 months BAD side: Bad side 2 15 months Bad side, 15 months So is there anything I can do? I'm trying to just leave them be in hopes that new hair will grow in and fill these spots, but it's making me really self conscious... no joke.
updated by @faelwynn: 02/14/15 03:49:34AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
hmmdoes the hair seem thinner there?i think theres an herb called horsetale that will help u grow thicker stronger hair fasterim assumming u dont do any root rubbing or anything right?its odd that its just on 1 side

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Right, it just seems like the hair is thinner on that side than on the left side... as you can see, the left side looks amazing... I was afraid that it was sectioning or something, but it just seems like the hair is thinner there... I don't do any maintenance at all... so no root rubbing (save for the rubbing they get in the shower...which is not root rubbing specifically, just a general rubbing around), no crochet, I haven't even had to separate anything there, so I know it's not my sparse and sparring use of the tiny razor blade. It's just... strange. Almost like the sections are waaay too big but creating small dreads... if that makes any sense.

soaringeagle said:
hmm
does the hair seem thinner there?

i think theres an herb called horsetale that will help u grow thicker stronger hair faster
im assumming u dont do any root rubbing or anything right?
its odd that its just on 1 side
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
I was actually thinking about buying a few swatches of human hair, and backcombing them with a little loop at the top so that they could fill in the spots, but I'm afraid that's more money and work than I'd like to put in... not to mention a few other minor complications. I guess part of the other reason behind this post was to see if everyone else thought that it was actually a problem, or if I'm just over-analyzing it. xP

Maxe said:
I don't think it's sooo bad actually..

Most such problems are only noticed by oneself I think..anyone else see nice dreads and your own eyes just focus on the small flaws...I know that from myself, even though there aren't any nice dreads yet so pretty much 1 big flaw lol

Does the scalp tan in sunlight? Anyone know? What about henna..does it color the scalp too like regular chemical dyes? Maybe it can be filled out with extension-hair?..just some crazy ideas.. :P....but really, I personally think 'wow some nice fat dreads' when I see the pics
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
could you maybe part your hair on the left to thicken up the right side??
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
That's the strange thing... the sections seem to be really large ( I just grabbed and t&r'd originally), but the dreads themselves are small. They seem like long, thin sections, not square, triangular or circular ones.

@ Jessica, no I can't. I have a pretty strict middle part... no sections there at all. And if I was to move any dreads from the other side, there would be gaps there as well...
ben
@ben
14 years ago
23 posts
Just don't worry about that !I had used to feel the same problem in the begining of my dreads 4 years ago. Then when your hair grows and dreads get longer and some weight they find their own good place, you don't see your scalp anymore. Moreover with time there's a lot of loose hair growing all around dreads which make your scalp disappear!Yeast is also very good for hair growing strong.(sorry for my basic english haha)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
why would u use a razor to seperate i woul,d not recomend thatand when u seperate u will get loose hairs around the dreads that become baby dreads (rip dont cut) and that will f=ill in those gaps

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
We've been over this once before. I use a small eyebrow trimming razor (a single blade, not like you'd see in a single blade razor for shaving one's face) for places that are incredibly sensitive, where ripping just isn't cutting it. However, said razor has never been used on that side of my head. It's never been needed, so it's a mute point. Again, I'm not using it for ALL separating, just when it's needed (thick would-be congos and areas of the sort). This side of my head has never called for me using it. It mostly only gets used in the back for my thicker, monstrous dreads (they often try and eat one another at the base) or in spots that have had those strange pimple type bumps pop up around the place needing ripped. Then I use the razor to keep from upsetting my scalp further.

soaringeagle said:
why would u use a razor to seperate i woul,d not recomend that
and when u seperate u will get loose hairs around the dreads that become baby dreads (rip dont cut) and that will f=ill in those gaps
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
It's not that noticeable, but if you'd like to encourage growth to cover it up the long hair community uses castor oil http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=18265 My friend that just hennaed her hair and has issues growing her hair has used a blend for a couple months. She's noticing significant growth; about an inch a month as opposed to her usual less than half an inch.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form