Dreadlocks Forums

Bald spots?! Or is it just me?!

Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
which blend?

MzElaineous said:
It's not that noticeable, but if you'd like to encourage growth to cover it up the long hair community uses castor oil
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=18265

My friend that just hennaed her hair and has issues growing her hair has used a blend for a couple months. She's noticing significant growth; about an inch a month as opposed to her usual less than half an inch.

updated by @faelwynn: 07/20/15 02:30:00AM
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
I'll message you with her hair journal. She has a stalker ex, so no posting it in public please.Also, by browsing that thread I linked to there are a couple reports of residue with hard water and the solution is for dilution. No using straight castor oil.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Awesome. Don't worry, I've had stalkers before and totally understand the privacy thing.

MzElaineous said:
I'll message you with her hair journal. She has a stalker ex, so no posting it in public please.

Also, by browsing that thread I linked to there are a couple reports of residue with hard water and the solution is for dilution. No using straight castor oil.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Thank you so much! And tell your friend that I said thanks too! Hair loss isn't something that typically runs in my family ( I would trade it for the premature greying if that's what's happening!), but it's always a possibility!Thanks again!

MzElaineous said:
I just text messaged her and she cropped her face out of pics, so her journal can be public. (I added you as a friend to message you with the lj, but I'm still following through because we're tnr sisters)

http://roshcata.livejournal.com/

I just read her journal and I could've sworn over the phone she said she used castor oil for a couple months, but based on her journal it's probably less than a couple weeks and it grew an inch. Not sure, but feel free to add her there and ask questions.

P.S. in older entries she has great tips on hair loss prevention. you could be having hair loss, but it's not as noticeable due to the dreadlocks trapping the extra hair.

Faelwynn said:
Awesome. Don't worry, I've had stalkers before and totally understand the privacy thing.

MzElaineous said:
I'll message you with her hair journal. She has a stalker ex, so no posting it in public please.

Also, by browsing that thread I linked to there are a couple reports of residue with hard water and the solution is for dilution. No using straight castor oil.
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
I just text messaged her and she cropped her face out of pics, so her journal can be public. (I added you as a friend to message you with the lj, but I'm still following through because we're tnr sisters)

http://roshcata.livejournal.com/

I just read her journal and I could've sworn over the phone she said she used castor oil for a couple months, but based on her journal it's probably less than a couple weeks and it grew an inch. Not sure, but feel free to add her there and ask questions.

P.S. in older entries she has great tips on hair loss prevention. you could be having hair loss, but it's not as noticeable due to the dreadlocks trapping the extra hair. if the dreads are too tight (they don't look it based on the pics, but just in case) it could be traction alopecia

Faelwynn said:

MzElaineous said:

Steph
@steph
14 years ago
16 posts
I wouldn't have said it looks anything unusual, it's just the way your dreads fall, and because yours are thick maybe it's just a bit more noticable. I dont know about waiting it out with dreads, whether that'd work or not i have no clue but it's easy enough to make fake ones like you suggested, and i managed to get loads of fake hair (which looks real enough and is more ethical) for 5, so that'd be a quick fix
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
meh I think you're over analyzing it like we all do at some point to ourselves. I think they look bad ass! It's most likely just the sectioning and eventually they will fill in. My hubby has 4+ year old dreads and he get new ones all the time! The loose hairs & new growth get together and boom there's a new dread filling in a thinner spot. Again, I think they look amazing!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form