Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

super clean dreads (safe for baby locks too)

Mowriyah Ysrayl
@mowriyah-ysrayl
12 years ago
26 posts

I did it and it came out great, my dreads are very well moisturized. I wash my dreads every week, but I wont be adding the shea butter to the ACV every week, maybe twice a month. I don't want build up.

soaring eagle said:

might build up so ..jut be careful

Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

I just did this for the first time. Felt pretty good! My hair was a horrid mess after tho and for some reason it loosened a bunch of my locs at the root (scrubbing hard with dr bronner has never done this).

Allan Welch
@allan-welch
12 years ago
6 posts

this is amazing soaring eagle!! i tried it and my dreads and scalp are super clean :) but there is still white build up inside the core of some of my dreads, it's pretty noticable, i was wondering what you would recommend to get it out? i've been thinking about doing the boiling/very hot water method but i'm not sure and would rather do what you think i should do. (also i've never used wax)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how were u mixing it it shoukdnt causethat i switched tio the www.dreadlockshampoo.com bars a few months ago which i think work evgen better

but if your getting thst id try a high pressur e rinse

i never had that isue it seemed to me the 1sty that did used less and less bs which turned the dead skin to paste but not enough to remove it

making it stronger (within e=reaon) seemed to herlp

unless yiu made it way strong like a paste ive seen that on youtube a guy had white roots from using it like a psste..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Chris Smith
@chris-smith
12 years ago
3 posts

New seasons was my best option

Alma Delia
@alma-delia
12 years ago
1 posts

I used a similar recipe for the first wash of my dreadies, it was amazinggg . for the second was a used diluted dr bronners (not saying theres anything wrong with it) but i felt and notice my hair was alot cleaner with the recipe. glad i found it!

amanda5
@amanda5
12 years ago
12 posts

so i wonder, as someone who used wax for a long time before finding this beautiful community... I read all of this info, and i thought about taking the extreme to get the wax out, but i just couldn't bring myself to putting that much work into it... sounds horribly lazy right, well i guess it is just that. :) . but, with quite a bit of growth and a half years worth of bs washes the wax that is left in my hair, and i know there is some(if not alot), what harm is it actually doing? and how much would it change the way my dreads are right now?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well the new wax remover will make it easy to remove so dont worry www.dreadlockshampoo.com

bs wont remove much at all

ok what to expect soft flowing no more stiff and hard

they will dread far far far better (as apposed to just looking dreaded)

they will be clean

and lot less risk of rotting

they will be healthier as they wont be coated in wax preventing any moisture penetration below the cuticles

no sticky sheets no breakouts no meltuing down yoiur face njo clogged drains nio girlfreind complainh=g about stiff dreads poking her yes out

just better dreads

--
n00dles
@n00dles
12 years ago
20 posts

as always i do things by my own.crochet them only once for starting point although it damage your hair and i knew it hahaa.not using acv.washing with BS and oils everyday.my hair/scalp seems fine.thanks SE for baking soda thing.love it!

updated by @n00dles: 07/03/15 08:11:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

walmart/ highly doubt it try this link

mountain rose herbs

--

/ 20

Dislike 0

Tags