Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Honey In Month Old Dreads

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Don't use dry shampoo, it has alot of particles that would brush out of regular hair but will remain stuck in dreads. Did you take the bands out too? Hope so. Keep in mind, that the journey is every step you take. Don't be so quick to arrive at your destination that you miss the beautiful scenery brother. Blessings. Sean said:
Hey all,
I washed out the honey with lots of shampoo and let it dry and it look a million times better! lol. I was just impatient. I've been that way since I started. One of my front pieces are braided for fun to see how it goes. I'm just nervous because the back has so much progress and the front looks like I haven't done anything to it. But I appreciate everyone's help! I knew I should of just left it alone and you're alllllllll right lol.

Another quickie...
I'm using neutrogena residue-free shampoo. It's all I could find. What would you recommend other than Dr.B's? I can't find that in a store around here, and I'm on a tight budget. Also... is dry shampoo a spray? Is dry shampoo worth it? TYTY~ Namate =)

updated by @panterra-caraway: 07/09/15 09:37:56PM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
the neutrogena shampoo is Not residue free either. It is a residue remover and has lots of crap you don't need for dreading. I would order some Maylee's garden soaps or find another brand of castille soap if you can't find Bronners. The cheapest and best IMHO is the baking soda wash. Just add a few spoonful's of Baking Soda to a cup of water and pour it over your head, let it sit for 10-15 mins and rinse. It really helps the dreading along as well.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
definately use baking soda or mayleesthe nutragena probably helped get the sticky stuff out but not good for normal usedreading in the back 1st is totaly normal due to how u sleepput on a wool tam b4 bed and it will help a whole lotand dont even bother looking at it till month 3

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Are you trying to dread naturally? If you are trying to get a jump start(judging from the things you've done), you can do some twist and rip...not to tight and it will still lock naturally it just wont section naturally.
Sean
@sean
14 years ago
16 posts
Groovy. The baking soda sounds like the way to go... =) I'm so glad I joined this site. I feel as if my dreads would be hopeless without you guys lol.So right now im sleeping on a pillow that has a wool sweater as a pillow case. I dont think it 100% wool. Does this matter a lot? 100% wool? I've looking online, but my rear sway bar just cracked and I'm saving up to leave to Cali, from NJ. SOOO i don't really have the money to splurge on a nice tam. Any baking soda style suggestions there? <3 o0o0o0o
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
in our shops is a shop called umm umm home grown projecttams are dirt cheapand if u order and use the code in support of dreadlockssite in the message to sender 10% supports the sitenot all are wool tho so ask or request a custom made wool onethey average 12-18 bucks1/2 of what other sites averageshe made me a custom made huuuuge 1 for 12 bucks other sites wants 65-75

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
and umm if u are broke in nj why the hell eould u go to caly where everythings wayyyyyyyyyyy more expensive? Sean said:
Groovy. The baking soda sounds like the way to go... =) I'm so glad I joined this site. I feel as if my dreads would be hopeless without you guys lol.

So right now im sleeping on a pillow that has a wool sweater as a pillow case. I dont think it 100% wool. Does this matter a lot? 100% wool? I've looking online, but my rear sway bar just cracked and I'm saving up to leave to Cali, from NJ. SOOO i don't really have the money to splurge on a nice tam. Any baking soda style suggestions there? <3 o0o0o0o

--
supp
@supp
14 years ago
81 posts
I was wondering what's the difference between a tam & a beanie? (are beanies smaller or something?) I saw one on this site, but it looks the same as the beanies :S http://www.rastagearshop.com/index8.php?x=RASTA-HATS |^`1A Thanks in advance :-) soaringeagle said:
definately use baking soda or maylees
the nutragena probably helped get the sticky stuff out but not good for normal use

dreading in the back 1st is totaly normal due to how u sleep
put on a wool tam b4 bed and it will help a whole lot

and dont even bother looking at it till month 3
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
when I am broke I use my dish soap for my hair :)ans I sell tams and other crochet things on etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/xm3rcuryx I can custom make you one in any colors and depending on the type of yarn you want it can be anywhere from ten to twenty dollars OR we can do a trade :)
Sean
@sean
14 years ago
16 posts
awesome dudes =)

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form