Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

rectangle sections = flat dreads?

Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
just to clarify, the sections are about 2" x 1".
updated by @heather: 07/23/15 02:58:31AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea a section 2x1 will be at least 1 1/2 if round but could bere bout the thickness of a skinny chicks wristu could most likely just split it in 2 instead of combing em out entirely

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Gary Charlesworth
@gary-charlesworth
14 years ago
50 posts
I backcombed mine as well, the ones in rectangle sections are acually rounder than the square ones! I like my flat ones though, and if you have flat ones, you'll grow to love them too... Enjoy your journey!
Katie Murphy
@katie-murphy
14 years ago
30 posts
I wouldn't think that your mature dreads would be narrower because you have thin hair, just that you will lose more length as they mature. I would split them into the 1x1 sections if it were my hair. (which it isn't)
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Just pull rectangle dreadlocks in half as the others have mentioned.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
I have a whole ton of rectangular sections ( I just grabbed hair as it sectioned it's self after a shower and t&r'd from there) that have different shaped dreads. Some are kind of square, and flat, sure... but most of them still get enough overall movement that they're still round! Most of the time it just stays flat-ish towards the roots, and rounds out later further into the body of the dread.Just as a note: Just because you section a dread a certain way, doesn't mean that it'll stay. I've had many in the back to split during the dreading process, because the sectioning wasn't to nature's liking. So in the end, do what you want with your sectioning... if it's not right, nature will let you know and sort it out.
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
I don't wanna give you more problems, but are you comfortable with the part? the line down the middle is like staircase-y...mine where like that so, 1 week is, I combed them out and did a straight part down the middle and it looks so much better..more natural

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form