Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just bought some tea tree oil

SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
alright i just bought some "hollywood beauty" tea tree oil, its not in bar form its in a lil bottle and how much do i dilute it and its not dr. bronners will it still do the job, also warm or cold water, and wut part oil and wut part water do i mix with it??? also can i use baking soda with it and mix it with water and baking soda??? need some help
updated by @spacemantravis: 02/14/15 10:58:06AM
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
You need essential oil and then you add a few drops to your baking soda wash.Hate to tell ya but the the stuff you bought isn't actually tea tree oil.Its mostly carrier oil likely scented with tea tree.Not sure how you would use that.Maybe just apply and leave it in and then rinse off a few hours later.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its oil u dont dilute it u addd it to the baking soda or anythig its a medicinal oil not a shampoo..lol a few dropss per wash is plenty 5 drops or so in your baking soda wash

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
are u sure its a carrier not esential oil it didnt really say when i googled it but im betting you way over paid for "hollywood" marketting..lolactualy just read more its teatree diluted but has other stuff added vitamins other oilsits probably fine to use i couldnt guess the ammount to use start with a few drops and experimentits not as good as the regular essential oil

--
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Unfortunately that isn't an essential oil. Essential oil ingredients are usually just Tea tree oil. This one has a bunch of ingredients.I agree with island mamma, you could probably rub this straight on the scalp, then rinse after a while. Not sure though if you should wash your hair before or after this.The essential oils are much more concentrated. I use tea tree oil in my baking soda wash and I use 3 drops for 2 cups of water.
SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
alrite well i paid 2.98$ for it, and its got some other type of ingredients in it, but i jus need to knoe if this will mess up my dreads, and also if this would be a good time to wash tehm i havent washed them since i got them, like a week and3 days
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea wash if u feel like wsashin wash

--
SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
It says on the bottle, "Tea Tree Oil" and it says reat with locks
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
It's an advertising ploy, essential oils are uncut pure plant essence and cost more than 3 dollars.I looked up the site, you have an oil blend not essential oil. Travis Fowler said:
It says on the bottle, "Tea Tree Oil" and it says reat with locks
SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
well is it still useable can i still put a few drops wit baking soda and water?
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form