Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Does working out = No DreadS?

Dee
@dee
14 years ago
4 posts
Hello everyone! I was wondering, I like working out @ the gymand I tend to sweat a lot. Will this make my transitionmore difficult in getting dreads? Should I stop workingout in the beginning stages of getting them?
updated by @dee: 02/14/15 11:52:48AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wont matter at allpeople ask some strange questions like can i get my dreads wet (as if theyd have to hide from rain or never swim or shower) or will wind. cold, air quality, altitude, race. age, even diet affect my ability to dread..dreads will happen as long as you avoid cutting and combingthey happen easier if u avoid conditioning but i think in some hair even conditioning wont prevent them.live life love life dreads grow from the life you liveyou enjoy excersizing then why would u give up part of the life u love to get dreads?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Just rinse your hair out with water after you have worked out.
Dee
@dee
14 years ago
4 posts
Cool thnx soaringeagle, yea I hear a lot of rumors to having dreads. I hear u cant get them wet or u can't go in the pool cuz of the chlorine can mess up your dreads. My best friend has dreads &told me he doesn't go to the beach cuz he doesn't want sand in his dreads which seems like a gud reason lol. As for me iono when I really want somthin Im determined to get it, it's kinda scary lol so if that means I gotta sleep standing up to get dreads then so be it lol.

soaringeagle said:
wont matter at all people ask some strange questions like can i get my dreads wet (as if theyd have to hide from rain or never swim or shower) or will wind. cold, air quality, altitude, race. age, even diet affect my ability to dread..dreads will happen as long as you avoid cutting and combingthey happen easier if u avoid conditioning but i think in some hair even conditioning wont prevent them.live life love life dreads grow from the life you liveyou enjoy excersizing then why would u give up part of the life u love to get dreads?
Dee
@dee
14 years ago
4 posts
Awesome thnx bro

GoldenEagle said:
Just rinse your hair out with water after you have worked out.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i hear "how do u sleep with dreads" alot like u gotta sleep standing up or hanging upside down from the ceilingi get mud in mine i get sand pine needles whatever u think id abvoid going to the woods cause i got dreads? my dreads were born be playing in the woodswhen it rains i never use umbrellas i dance in the raini swim in muddy rivers salty sandy oceans and chlorine poolsi dreaded by living i didnt change how i live so i could dread Dee said:
Cool thnx soaringeagle, yea I hear a lot of rumors to having dreads. I hear u cant get them wet or u can't go in the pool cuz of the chlorine can mess up your dreads. My best friend has dreads &told me he doesn't go to the beach cuz he doesn't want sand in his dreads which seems like a gud reason lol. As for me iono when I really want somthin Im determined to get it, it's kinda scary lol so if that means I gotta sleep standing up to get dreads then so be it lol.

soaringeagle said:
wont matter at all people ask some strange questions like can i get my dreads wet (as if theyd have to hide from rain or never swim or shower) or will wind. cold, air quality, altitude, race. age, even diet affect my ability to dread.. dreads will happen as long as you avoid cutting and combing
they happen easier if u avoid conditioning but i think in some hair even conditioning wont prevent them.

live life love life dreads grow from the life you live

you enjoy excersizing then why would u give up part of the life u love to get dreads?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
gotta agree with the above, just do what you do now and put your hair back,
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Yeah, I do everything that I used to. Matter of fact, I do even more outdoorsy active stuff now that I'm growing dreads. Like today, I did a lot of bike riding. I goofed off at the playground with my fiance. Going down those stupid slides that make my hair stand up everywhere, I haven't went swimming yet but I'm going to the lake to swim sometime this or next month. I work out every other day and usually I get pretty sweaty. No big deal, man. Hair will dread, no worry. Just live life and the next thing ya know you're fully locked up and looking like a lion. =)
Anna Taylor
@anna-taylor
14 years ago
2 posts
I don't know how this is working for everyone else but i'm in Iraq and started dreads a couple of months ago and every time i even step in the gym my locs come out.is there something i'm not doing right here?????
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
Yea this is true my friend washes with normal stuff and he has natty gnarley natural dreads!I couldnt believe him when he said he washed with normal shampoo soaringeagle said:
wont matter at all
people ask some strange questions like can i get my dreads wet (as if theyd have to hide from rain or never swim or shower) or will wind. cold, air quality, altitude, race. age, even diet affect my ability to dread..
dreads will happen as long as you avoid cutting and combing
they happen easier if u avoid conditioning but i think in some hair even conditioning wont prevent them.

live life love life dreads grow from the life you live

you enjoy excersizing then why would u give up part of the life u love to get dreads?
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form