Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

roots too small?

beckbeck
@beckbeck
11 years ago
32 posts

ok so when i re attached my dreads, i had a few extensions put in too, because i didn;t have enough to cover my head. I had about 4 inch hair, so i made a teeny dread puff and attached the extension to that. the attachment worked really well, and they're very blended and i had no hair breakage (took a lot of time but worth it), but i worry, my root section looks a little small for the dread... not by much, and defninitely not enough to break at the roots- i was just wondering, will my real hair grow into a thinner dread, so my dread will be thick at the bottom and thin at the top? or will it thicken up as it naturally dreads. thanks! (no I don;t want to take the extensions out >___< )

updated by @beckbeck: 01/13/15 09:47:57PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

they will thicken to the section size

but really its not a good idea to attach extentions till they are 8 months old about

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
beckbeck
@beckbeck
11 years ago
32 posts

yess i know, i was hesitant, but couldn't bare to be dreadless for much longer, and bald patches kind of kill a girls self esteem lol. if they thicken to the section size, i'll be fine, i made sure the extensions were the same size as the section sizes, thanks for putting my mind at ease!! off to go put some tea tree oil on my scalp, i forgot how bad the new dread itchies can be lol

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Yep, what ever the size of the section where it meets the scalp will be the size of the dread. A girl does want to look a certain way for herself, good luck with everything. Peace

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

It also depends on how thick your hair is. My hair is very fine and thin....so my dreads will never be as big as my sections.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form