Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

im new would love feedback!

steasyn baker
@steasyn-baker
11 years ago
9 posts

i started my dreads a month ago just slightly backcombed and sectioned off in rubber bands and have been touching them up no backcombing juss twisting i will post some pictures i would like for you guys to comment on them and let me know what to to better at the beginning of my process i coated them the first day with doctor bonners all natural soap hemp oil peppermint oil bunch of natural oils and havnt sense i washed it the first week and havnt sense as-well i have took rubber bands off of ones that have been doing better then others and there doing pretty good i would say i have one dread that is doing phenomenally the best heres some pictures

the first picture is day 1 ,week 2 week,4thweek 4th week

updated by @steasyn-baker: 02/14/15 09:19:35AM
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

You should take the rubber bands out, they cause weak spots, rubberbands will get stuck and rot etc. You don't want too much oils if any when they are so young. Just wash and keep em separate. Wash with a good dread soap 2-3 times a week.

Otherwise looks good, its a bit hard to see wit the hat and tied back. :)

peace

steasyn baker
@steasyn-baker
11 years ago
9 posts
Yeah it is I havnt taken great pictures lol yeah I'm juss afraid of the sections combining do you think washing my hair more often will make them even more curly after my first wash they curled right up in the dreads still and now 3 weeks without washing there straightening out and looking more decent
steasyn baker
@steasyn-baker
11 years ago
9 posts
And I only used the doctor bonners the first day no oils sense
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

washing with good soap, bronners is good, as long as it lathers and washes out properly. Washing regularly is a must. keeping your hair really clean helps the dreading process. Its just the way it is, they are going to get messy, its just a stage they must go through to dread. If they look "decent" when they are young, that just means they are n't really progressing. The sections won't really combine if you separate with your hands after washing or whenever you need to. Try not to touch them too much though.

Happy dreading, enjoy the knotty mess.

steasyn baker
@steasyn-baker
11 years ago
9 posts
Thanks man appreciate your help and more people if ur reading this give me your comments please ill post a back picture tomorrow after another wash I guess ;/
christina popejoy
@christina-popejoy
11 years ago
91 posts

hi! There looking good to me!. I think thing dont worry at all if all the backcombing comes really loose its meant too, i started with this method also and thats what happened, the backcombe just helps with initial sectioning, also there is no need to twist them i've heard it can have nasty effects on your scalp and it will probably undo the progress your knotties are making on their own. Yours are looking great so far tho.

Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

I think everything has bee covered. Just wash regularly and separate when they grow together or get bigger than one square inch at the scalp. There is not much else.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yup wash dont twist t6ake all rubber bands out every single 1 wash a couple times a week..

let em look crazy awhile

dont "touch them up" at all leave em alone

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cole Morton
@cole-morton
11 years ago
109 posts

Also try looking into some of the other forums on here...there are all kinds of topics that will be beneficial. I can't even begin to describe all the help I have received from them. I started in oct, but didnt find this site til the end of dec....I cannot even begin to explain how much progress I have made since I started the BS?ACV washes and stopped messing with them...Good luck to you!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form