Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How to wash dyed dreads?

Savannah King
@savannah-king
12 years ago
6 posts

I have had my dreads for about 2 months, and I'm struggling with finding something to wash them with. I dye my hair red and the baking soda mix I have been using takes the color right out of my hair after 2 washes. I hated the KnottyBoy shampoos and want to go with something more like the bakingsoda/water/teatreeoil mix that I found on one of the forums. I just don't want to keep dying my hair after every wash! Help!

updated by @savannah-king: 01/13/15 09:36:31PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

www.dreadlockshampoo.com

thats really the best but theres dozens more http://shops.dreadlockssite.com that are great

baking sida is a real deep clean that will strip the color right out..u could always go back to youe natural color and stop dying too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Savannah King
@savannah-king
12 years ago
6 posts

HOw would I wash my dreads with that bar soap?

soaring eagle said:

www.dreadlockshampoo.com

thats really the best but theres dozens more http://shops.dreadlockssite.com that are great

baking sida is a real deep clean that will strip the color right out..u could always go back to youe natural color and stop dying too

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

You should just about never wash your hair itself with locks. There are specialcircumstances where you would have to, but during your normal wash, you don't wash your hair. You wash your scalp.

Just take the bar and scrub your scalp with it, in between each lock and around your hairline. It's awesome. Better than any massage you'd do with your fingers. Then you rinse it out, and it runs through your hair cleaning it

Savannah King
@savannah-king
12 years ago
6 posts

Isnt the bar soap just for mature locks? Mine are only about 2 months old!

Baba Fats said:

You should just about never wash your hair itself with locks. There are specialcircumstances where you would have to, but during your normal wash, you don't wash your hair. You wash your scalp.

Just take the bar and scrub your scalp with it, in between each lock and around your hairline. It's awesome. Better than any massage you'd do with your fingers. Then you rinse it out, and it runs through your hair cleaning it

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Ipreferredliquid soap when mine were babies, but you could use a bar. That site sell the same scents in liquid and bar form, though

Jen Webb
@jen-webb
11 years ago
13 posts

Did you ever find a shampoo that doesn't strip your hair colour? I am having the same problem. Not on my old colour but doing my roots. They bleached ok but the colour on top washes off in like one wash! =(

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form