Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Unraveling

Sam Fresh
@sam-fresh
15 years ago
9 posts
So I backcombed my hair almost 2 weeks ago and now I am worried because the roots are really loose (except for a few), I am just worried because I thought the roots should be tight. I also have alot of frizzy hair coming out, any suggestions of what I should do? Here are some pics to show you.
updated by @sam-fresh: 01/13/15 08:28:58PM
D!
@d
15 years ago
44 posts
Just leave them be for now. The more you mess with them the longer they'll take to mature. They are going to be loose at the root for a while and until they mature trying to knock the frizz down is just going to do more harm than good. It takes time for your locks to mature so don't sweat it.
live.love.be.believe.
@livelovebebelieve
15 years ago
13 posts
mine looked like that after a couple days too, i'm only on week 4 and its still like that a bit but its getting better i think.
Jake
@jake
15 years ago
10 posts
they're looking great dude don't worry about 'em. the roots are always gonna be a little bit loose so don't stress about it. the frizz is also normal and you can crochet it in or leave it. sleep with a tam or something and there will be a lot less loose hair
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
loose hair is good. If you dont have that frizz you are going to get a sunburned head. It protects the scalp. Dreads dread on there own. crocheting can make your dreads weaken over time. Since you are poking holes in them and possibly breaking hairs. And your roots should be a little loose. If they are tight to your head, you are going to look like sideshow bob.let em be. You can wear a wool tam to help tighten them or use a sea salt spray.
Jessica
@jessica
15 years ago
70 posts
They look great! No need to worry. I've had mine 7 years and they aren't dreaded at the roots, they never will be. What i used to do when i was younger was grab each individual dreadlock at the very top by your scalp and kinda move it in a circular motion, i used to do each dread haha took forever but it did help to lock a little better. I haven't touched them in years though besides ripping them apart sometimes. They enjoy doing their own thing like their meant to! Seriously yours look great i wouldn't mess with it, if you have loose hairs kinda ball them up and stick them inside a dread.
Angel
@angel
15 years ago
77 posts
The backcomb process is what I used on my hair. My sister didn't backcomb it to tight, which is what I wanted. My hair did get shorter but they did come loose over time making my hair seem longer. Within a month or so they really really shrunk making my hair seem a lot shorter. They will be loose before it shrinks and tightens up and I still have a lot of frizzy hairs. I wouldn't really worry to much about the roots if they were to be tight and as close to the roots as possible, any movement would make it seem like someone is pulling your hair. I know I got into more detail of the back combing process then your question asked, but your going to know this now so you don't panic down the road. =)
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
I think they look pretty good man for just 2 weeks,, and 2week old frizzys are normal to,I had a ton of frizzy hair all over the place then,
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form