Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Trying Natural but WTF

Roberto Mota
@roberto-mota
12 years ago
3 posts

now before you start saying "TIME TIME TIME" trust me i understand.

I've been washing my hair every 3-4 days with just water and baking soda

also spraying my hair with organic sea salt and lemon juice water

heres my issue I'm seeing people who after 1 month have some sort of conformation that something is happening in there hair, ME nothing its been almost 3 months and i can pretty much put my hair in a pony tail still nothing

i air dry and don't comb it

any suggestions on what i can do i don't need it faster i just want a sign that its working!!!!

updated by @roberto-mota: 01/13/15 09:19:18PM
Aspin Crowder
@aspin-crowder
12 years ago
7 posts

my hair is the same way! ive been dreading for 5 months now and still like the sides are completly straight.. and it looks combed and everything.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

Don't use lemon juice! Just sea salt. In three months is in that far in. Are you having sectioning yet? Try not putting it in a ponytail.And look around two thirds are starting to dread about three months. It completely in the normal range. Only less than 5% dread faster.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Roberto Mota
@roberto-mota
12 years ago
3 posts

so no lemon juice damn and i just made a fresh batch lol good thing boiling water isn't that hard

and nothing like she said my hair looks combed

but theres no combing going on here

Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

so your hair is actually longer than what your profile picture shows?

Roberto Mota
@roberto-mota
12 years ago
3 posts

yea that my hair 3 months ago lol

Change~ said:

so your hair is actually longer than what your profile picture shows?

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Some people's hair dreads faster than others, but don't worry, all hair dreads, so it's definitely working for you too, just that you don't see the progress day-to-day. Besides using sea salt spray, I don't think there's much else to do but wait. Try not to focus on it for a while, don't look at your hair too much or examine it or whatever, and maybe then the next time you do examine it you'll notice progress? It's hard to notice tiny changes as soon as they appear.

taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

There are a few people who lock up naturally quick. I see it more in long hair.

One of the big things people do without thinking is to comb the knots out with their fingers. I have a lot of loose hair around my hairline. Yesterday I went to a job interview and pulled my hair up in a bun. In the process of pulling it up I used my hands to smooth it down. I just ran my hand over the top of my hair.....all fingers together with my thumbs sticking out( L shaped hands) As I was doing this...i felt my thumb catch on a baby knot at the nape of my neck (on the hair line). Now that baby is gone :( Didn't even know it was there until i thumb combed it out.

So remember to keep your hands off your head! Even when washing you need to be careful. Wash the scalp and not the length.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

If you're always pushing your hair back your pretty much combing It

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brandy :]
@brandy
12 years ago
106 posts

try sleeping on a wool sweater you or someone in your house might have, or a wool blanket, or buy a wool tam, stop putting your hair up. When i was going the neglect route in the beginning at 3 months iwasn'tnoticing anything at all, so i decided to notseparateit to see if it would progress, a month after that i had a knot at the nape of my neck that was so stuck i almost had to cut it out, so i did tnr for personal reasons and to avoid that ever happening again. but now that i look back to the photos of my 3 months neglect i can see it was actually starting to section, now i wish i would have continued normalseparatingand just went natural, though i am not unhappy with my decision, i see now it was influenced byinpatients.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form