dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The easiest way to get beads on?

Lazdaa
@lazdaa
12 years ago
81 posts

Heysa (:

Recently my girlfriend encourged me to get some beads in my hair, and she found one simple wooden one, but i kinda had some difficulities getting it on, the hole wasn't that big and even if i did get it on the dread, a lot of hair wasn't inside but on the outer side of the braid...

I only tried to put it on to one of my dreads that ain't dreaded at the bottom of it at all, (Don't know why that one isn't dreading many of my other are almost fully dreaded, had em for almost 13 months now)

And is there an easy way to get awesome looking beads in the EU?

updated by @lazdaa: 02/03/18 10:49:32PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

beads not braids?

you had me very confused but assumming you mean beads take a thread

make a loop

put the loop through the bead

lick the dread tip to get it wet and oointy

take the threazd loop put the pointy dread tip through the loop

use the loop to pull it through the bead

push the bead up till it sticks

dont worry bout where loose hairs go

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lazdaa
@lazdaa
12 years ago
81 posts

Oh Yea, thanks for pointing that out, beads not braids..

If the bead cant get over the loop is it just too small or am i doing something wrong?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

you pinch the thread loop to flatten it but if you cant get a thread loop through the bead the beads way too small to get a dread through

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

yeah, just fine a different bead. they come in all sorts of sizes. or make your own

natalie bohemian
@natalie-bohemian
12 years ago
8 posts
I've been making my own peyote stitch sleeves and the best way I've found to put them on my dreads is to kind of twist/palm roll one of them and then fold up the wispy end, then I just thread it through. It keeps frizz from gathering around the outer edges of the bead/sleeve.
tha tron
@tha-tron
12 years ago
147 posts
What I do is attatch a crochet hook to the bottom of your dread.. Then feed the dread up the base of the crochet hook until you get it on the dreadlock.. This way you are able to control the way the bead hole is.

Faye Ktajjar said:
I had a bit of trouble putting g beads on. mine are very very new so i debt know if this would apply to you but i found twisting the dread to make it tighter, then twisting the bead itself around the dread continually spinning it as you move it up its alto easier :) i like this thread idea but gonna have to try that!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form