Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dandruff :/

Joseph
@joseph
12 years ago
37 posts

I have been doing the neglect method for about 7 months now, and lately, I've been noticing a lot of dandruff. I am washing every few days with Dr. Bronners, which I love. I've never had dandruff this bad though. I know it sounds gross, but I can't help it. Is there any way I can prevent the dandruff, without changing my washing technique? That is, not using the BS wash, because every time I ask for help on here, people always suggest BS was, and I've tried it. I hate it. Is there anything else? Please and thank you :D

updated by @joseph: 02/14/15 07:20:03AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

why did u hate it it is the best dandruff treatment

u can add the oils top bronners but it wont be as effective as the bs wash

i think you should try it again and keep trying till u get it right

theres a reason most ppl love it..it works wonders

ok u can try fructese clear control dandruf formula it works but its harder to rinse

u can do the teatee rosemary pepermint as a rinse after bronners and a cold cold rinse will help too

but the real;ity is

if your washing and its there..you gotta change your washing to change the reasults

if you dont notying will change

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Joseph
@joseph
12 years ago
37 posts

I don't like that its not the same consistency as soap or shampoo. It's hard to work BS into the hair. I prefer soap/shampoo

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

you dont have to work it in you pour it on the end it soaks in thi9s is why its best to use..l;working in soaops work out knots

not workimg at all allows knots to remailn

u just pour on soak rinsde

it is the best way to deal with the dandruff

try it

--
Joseph
@joseph
12 years ago
37 posts

Is there another option?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dandruff shampoos that leave residues and stibnk and condition

the bs/acv is the best ioption iot works better then expensive medicted shampoos

i would seriusly try it for 2 weeks and see for yourself its the best option out there

in fact most dandrucff shampoos contain sls which causes subbhoric dermatitis and dandruff

so its qa temporary fix that causes a long term problem

--
BKsensiUrWay
@bksensiurway
12 years ago
19 posts

trust me joseph.i have very sensitive skin and very bad dandruff. i do the bs/acv was every 3/4 days depending on how i'm feeling with teatree peppermint and lavender added to both parts of the wash. don't get me wrong, i still have a tiny little bit of dandruff, but a teaspray with a few other essential oils in it to leave soak on your scalp does realllllly help alot inbetween washes. that's my personal routine.

Lazdaa
@lazdaa
12 years ago
81 posts

The bc wash is really the way to go, i would recommend it!

ericb
@ericb
12 years ago
15 posts

I personally don't use the bs/av wash, in fact the way I wash is probably the simplest way possible yet provides me with a very clean scalp that never gets to greasy or oily. Every few days I just wash with barsoap, rubbing it into my scalp with my fingers and then rinsing it off. Not sure if it has been discussed here but it works absolutely great for me. My hair stays dry and clean, my scalp stays dry and only after maybe a week (i try not to go that long) do the oils start creeping up. + i haven't had a dandruff problem ever using this method.

Part of the key is to ween your scalp off of washing it every day with shampoo if thats what you used to, because it starts producing more oils to compensate and when you go a few days without washing it throws everything off. Once your body gets into a rhythm and regulation than everything seems to get ironed out, might take a bit though and during that time you may have to suffer through some of the consequences.

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts
Which bar soap are you using? Dr. Bronner's?

ericb said:

I personally don't use the bs/av wash, in fact the way I wash is probably the simplest way possible yet provides me with a very clean scalp that never gets to greasy or oily. Every few days I just wash with barsoap, rubbing it into my scalp with my fingers and then rinsing it off. Not sure if it has been discussed here but it works absolutely great for me. My hair stays dry and clean, my scalp stays dry and only after maybe a week (i try not to go that long) do the oils start creeping up. + i haven't had a dandruff problem ever using this method.

Part of the key is to ween your scalp off of washing it every day with shampoo if thats what you used to, because it starts producing more oils to compensate and when you go a few days without washing it throws everything off. Once your body gets into a rhythm and regulation than everything seems to get ironed out, might take a bit though and during that time you may have to suffer through some of the consequences.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form