Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Combining Neglect/TnR?

Beorc the Viking Hippie
@beorc-the-viking-hippie
12 years ago
12 posts

Would it look weird if I combined Twist n Rip method with Neglect?

I've been neglecting my hair for almost a month now and I miss not having a dread party where my friends got to contribute and make dreads for me.

If I only did some dreads and let the rest grow naturally do you think that would look really...off?

I feel like it would look like I got lazy in the middle of dreading my hair because my hair is pretty naturally greasy so having some really nappy locks in the midst of the rest of it would be unusual.

Thanks,

-Beorc

updated by @beorc-the-viking-hippie: 01/13/15 09:17:08PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

you wouldnt be the 1st ti do 1/2 and 1/2 but u might wanna change how u wash to make it less fgreasy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Beorc the Viking Hippie
@beorc-the-viking-hippie
12 years ago
12 posts

Well it's mostly just a genetics thing. Everyone on my mom's side of the family has greasy and shiny hair because of the Mediterranean blood in us.

Any time I go more than one day without washing it flattens, gets really greasy and shiny, and looks as though I've been combing this whole time.

I wash my hair differently than I did before I started. I don't run my fingers through my hair, I only wash the roots and just with residue-free shampoo, and I blow-dry my hair.

I also use a spray on it (pretty religiously, I might add) and it doesn't seem to be doing much.

Now, I'm not expecting dreads so early in the game, but it should still be getting more dried out than this.

Janice
@janice
12 years ago
49 posts

I did TnR myself. I thought it was fun having others contribute, but if you do, make sure you show them how and have them watch a YT vid and check their progress as they do it. Otherwise maybe not what you want. However you decide to start your journey, via total neglect or TnR, I wish you fun! You will learn about yourself as they progress, and all of the emotions that go along with it. It is much more involved and enjoyable than I had ever anticipated! Good luck!

Beorc the Viking Hippie
@beorc-the-viking-hippie
12 years ago
12 posts

I'll probably end up just having like 4-5 friends do one a piece and letting the rest grow naturally.

I want them to be able to point to ones on my head and go "I did that one!"

It sounds like fun

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

embrace the goofyness. I TnRed and palm rolled my first 5 and left the rest to neglect. The ones I made were about 5 inches longer than the rest once they got going. It looked hilarious for a long time, but once they mature, you'll never be able to tell the difference

taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

My dreads are a combination of several methods. But even I can't pick out the different ones anymore. They all end up looking the same, no matter how you start them. (as long as you leave them alone)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

yeah, I only know a few that are the original because of the placement. Some of the others are congoed with 5 or 6 other locks. I can't tell which of the tips was the original anymore

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form