Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Baking soda wash?

Mamaa Wolf
@mamaa-wolf
15 years ago
9 posts
I've been reading a lot of peoples posts about washing your dreads with a baking soda mixture? How exactly do you do that like what parts what do you mix together? The other day I rinsed my hair with vinegar because I read it helps coat your hair color and helps it stay in longer, will the baking soda take out the color? And can I mix in like plus and stuff to make it smell good? Thanks =]
updated by @mamaa-wolf: 02/03/18 12:27:39PM
Mamaa Wolf
@mamaa-wolf
15 years ago
9 posts
I meant to say oils and stuff to make it smell good
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
The wash I normally use which was recommended by SE is in a gallon of water add about 1/3 cup of baking soda, 10 drops teatree, 20 rosemary and 20 lavender. leave it in for about 20 mins and rinse, and I love it, and lots of ppl on this site use and love it too! And then you can do an apple cider vinegar rinse for conditioning. I find the wash smells awesome, I love the way it makes my hair smell.It is really gentle, but I'm not sure if it would fade color, specially bright colors.
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
15 years ago
219 posts
Jo, how do you mix your apple cider vinegar rinse, and do you use it everytime you wash? Jo McClelland said:
The wash I normally use which was recommended by SE is in a gallon of water add about 1/3 cup of baking soda, 10 drops teatree, 20 rosemary and 20 lavender. leave it in for about 20 mins and rinse, and I love it, and lots of ppl on this site use and love it too! And then you can do an apple cider vinegar rinse for conditioning. I find the wash smells awesome, I love the way it makes my hair smell.
It is really gentle, but I'm not sure if it would fade color, specially bright colors.
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
I've only tried it once, my hair is pretty oily and doesnt really need too much conditioning but I used just a quick splash to a gallon of water. Prolly like a capful or two Lonnie Berg said:
Jo, how do you mix your apple cider vinegar rinse, and do you use it everytime you wash?

Jo McClelland said:
The wash I normally use which was recommended by SE is in a gallon of water add about 1/3 cup of baking soda, 10 drops teatree, 20 rosemary and 20 lavender. leave it in for about 20 mins and rinse, and I love it, and lots of ppl on this site use and love it too! And then you can do an apple cider vinegar rinse for conditioning. I find the wash smells awesome, I love the way it makes my hair smell.
It is really gentle, but I'm not sure if it would fade color, specially bright colors.
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
15 years ago
219 posts
Love Ya Jo, Thanks. Jo McClelland said:
I've only tried it once, my hair is pretty oily and doesnt really need too much conditioning but I used just a quick splash to a gallon of water. Prolly like a capful or two

Lonnie Berg said:
Jo, how do you mix your apple cider vinegar rinse, and do you use it everytime you wash?

Jo McClelland said:
Tomasu
@tomasu
15 years ago
66 posts
the baking soda wash is a work of genius, even though i'm still forming my dreads..it washes it better than shampoo/conditioner ever did :D..for a stupidly small fraction of the price as well :P
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
back at cha :o)! Lonnie Berg said:
Love Ya Jo, Thanks.

Jo McClelland said:
I've only tried it once, my hair is pretty oily and doesnt really need too much conditioning but I used just a quick splash to a gallon of water. Prolly like a capful or two

Lonnie Berg said:

Jo McClelland said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
and works better on dandruff then anything

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form