Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Baking soda wash?

Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
peppermint worked awesome for the dandruff I had. I just put some in a spray bottle and spritzed it on my hair and left it on, for as long as it took me to clean up in the shower and then rinsed and it fixed the dandruff in one wash. But I didnt heed your warning about it burning your eyes. Does it ever burn your eyes LoL soaringeagle said:
and works better on dandruff then anything

updated by @jo: 07/10/15 12:30:54AM
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
15 years ago
219 posts
Like the idea of doing it your way and just mixing it as I need it . Thanks Hon Knottysleeves said:
I use about two spoons of baking soda in about 2 cups of water. ACV rinse: two splashes of ACV in 2 cups of water.

I use big old Dr Bronners bottles for these mixes and just keep them in the shower. I usually add a few drops of peppermint oil to the baking soda mix, I love the way it makes my scalp tingle!

In the shower I just squirt Bottle #1 (baking soda) over my scalp, gently work it around with my fingers, rinse it out, then squirt Bottle #2 (ACV) over and leave it in for a few minutes before doing a final plain water rinse.

BTW, the baking soda / peppermint oil mix makes an awesome (and cheap and effective) mouthwash too. :-)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i use a gallon at a time u can use lessand it definately should be mixed right b4 u use it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Marianas Trench
@marianas-trench
15 years ago
20 posts
Why so? baking soda get less potent over time while diluted by water? soaringeagle said:
i use a gallon at a time u can use less
and it definately should be mixed right b4 u use it
Yohanson
@yohanson
13 years ago
6 posts

I use baking soda in my hair on a regular basis. I just dump it in a custard dish, put a little water in it and mix with my fingers, and then dab it at my roots where the grease is. If you use too much you'll dry out your hair majorly or leave white dots in your hair. My hair is dyed, and it doesn't fade it or anything.

I would put oils in your hair afterwards as a conditioner, but only natural oils, no regular products/fragrances as they could mold up your dreads! Or instead, you could put mix smelling-good natural oils with aloe, and try that after you get out of the shower.

Star
@star
13 years ago
19 posts

okay, so I get the wash part...?'s about the conditioning...what do I put with the apple cider vinegar? How much? Does this smell like typical vinegar? I should know that last one at my age, but I don't :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

young dreads just use a lil splash in alotta water like a sopoonfiul or 2 in a galon pour on rinse off

mature dreass use bout the same as bs 1/3 cup to a gaklon pour i=on soak 3 min rinse

u barely notice the smell while its on when its rinsed it vanishes very fast leaving no scent at all

--
Star
@star
13 years ago
19 posts

too freaking funny. I probably would have done that because science thoughts and I don't mix :) I've got some natural stuff I picked up at the health foods store around the corner...just trying my options :) read labels carefully. If it works..just washed...I'll keep people informed

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

haha yea baking soda in water decomposes into gasses gases take up more space per volume then liquids or solids so u got increasing pressi=ure as volume increases and ..kaboom plus it dont gotta be so hot i mix it cool to slightly warm

Austafari said:

I've been using wayyyy too much baking soda, but heres a lil thing, DO NOT PUT IT IN A WATER BOTTLE, lmao, I blew up a bottle in the shower the other day because I put some baking soda down in the bottom and then filled it with some warm water, it wastoo hot so as I was letting it cool down, I saw it was like, all puffy! I tried to take the cap off an POW it was like a grenade, yeah, pretty scary lol. I love washing wish Baking soda tho, its really nice.

--

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form