Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Salon or do it myself?

Lexi Royall
@lexi-royall
13 years ago
9 posts
Hi! I'm 15 years old and am going to get dreads very soon. I have been looking at salon prices and the only salons close to me want at least $150 to start the dreads. I've seen a lot of dread starting kits on the internet and I like the Ultra Supa Dupa Dread Kit because it has everything that I'd need get started and maintain my dreads. I don't know if I should just suck it up and get it done at a salon where I have a better chance of the dreads not being jacked up (even though I've heard stories of people ending up with twists or just big clumps of hair instead of nice, uniform dreads) or if I should just take my chances and get a kit and do it myself. Since you all have done it yourself, maybe you could give me some pros and cons of doing it yourself and what you would recommend?Thanks!
updated by @lexi-royall: 02/14/15 11:22:24AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nononoi no kits no salons no money at all do it yourself nbo products the kits and salons only cause disasters that end up being started over

never ever ever uuse a kit or salon

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

salon=disaster guaranteeed

kit= disaster

you must dread them yourself but not using a klit

best way to dread

stop combing wait for dreads

2nd best way use just your hands do twist n rip

no prodyucts no gross wax no rubber bands

the other sites u read do it all wrong

forget all about kits

do not spend money

thats just a scam

all u need to do is not comb and dreads happen

its that easy

and freree

--
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts
Hi Lexi'] Don't pay for someone to do it, it's really easy, just do nothing except keep 'em clean and keep 'em separated...God Bless your journey!
laura ewing
@laura-ewing
13 years ago
40 posts
A friend of mine went to a salon to fix her roots,they charged her an arm and a leg and what they did to separate her roots was cutting off where they were sticking together...she ended up with a lot of tiny hair all over her roots that couldnt lock anywhere!..it was terrible!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

they will always do the worse thigs there is to your dread s salons are the bigest mistake you can make a kits well almost as bad isf not worse cause its like suicide compared to murder both are dread death but 1 is self inflicted

--
laura ewing
@laura-ewing
13 years ago
40 posts
lol..that sounds terrible!!..when I got mine I was thinking about crocheting it as much as a could to have them always perfect..but now I am enjoying the feeling of letting them do what ever they want..let see how long i can take it!!:^P
Lexi Royall
@lexi-royall
13 years ago
9 posts

So no kit, no salon! lol

The real thing I'm worried about it the fact that I'm going to school so I need to be them to be presentable, that's why I'm kind of on edge about just leaving it. But if I were to not use a kit, which method would you say is the best for getting dreads that look like dreads the fastest?

soaring eagle said:

salon=disaster guaranteeed

kit= disaster

you must dread them yourself but not using a klit

best way to dread

stop combing wait for dreads

2nd best way use just your hands do twist n rip

no prodyucts no gross wax no rubber bands

the other sites u read do it all wrong

forget all about kits

do not spend money

thats just a scam

all u need to do is not comb and dreads happen

its that easy

and freree

Lexi Royall
@lexi-royall
13 years ago
9 posts

That sounds really terrible. From everything I'm hearing salons are definitely out! I haven't heard one good thing about them from everyone I've asked. :(

laura ewing said:

A friend of mine went to a salon to fix her roots,they charged her an arm and a leg and what they did to separate her roots was cutting off where they were sticking together...she ended up with a lot of tiny hair all over her roots that couldnt lock anywhere!..it was terrible!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

kits are just as bad just read the dreaducation page and your ready to dread

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form