@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

twist and rip

but schools cannot legaly descriminate

they may try but u got thelaw on your side

Lexi Royall said:

So no kit, no salon! lol

The real thing I'm worried about it the fact that I'm going to school so I need to be them to be presentable, that's why I'm kind of on edge about just leaving it. But if I were to not use a kit, which method would you say is the best for getting dreads that look like dreads the fastest?

soaring eagle said:

salon=disaster guaranteeed

kit= disaster

you must dread them yourself but not using a klit

best way to dread

stop combing wait for dreads

2nd best way use just your hands do twist n rip

no prodyucts no gross wax no rubber bands

the other sites u read do it all wrong

forget all about kits

do not spend money

thats just a scam

all u need to do is not comb and dreads happen

its that easy

and freree

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/09/15 06:50:36AM
Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts

I went to a salon and it was 55 dollars. A couple of months later I moved and another stylist had to combine and create new dreads because they weren't even dreads anymore. I can't really stir you in the right direction but a dread perm sounds a bit sketchy and you should really know who is doing your hair.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dread perms are the 2nd worse thing u can do only feltings worse

--
Lexi Royall
@lexi-royall
13 years ago
9 posts
Lol! That was quite a rant, but you're exactly right. Thankfully I've only gotten my hair trimmed at the salon. I've never done much to my hair because I think that natural hair is the most beautiful way you can have it. But they do convince you that unless you go to the Salon you can't look good, which isn't true at all. Thanks for your suggestions, though. You gave legitimate reasons that I hadn't even thought of that really put me over, so I'll be doing it very soon!I think I'll try to do them before school stats so I don't look like a porcupine!Thanks so much for your help, and happy salon boycotting!

Desirae Rose said:

Just do it yourself and save your money. Remember, no one will EVER care for your hair as well as you yourself can and will. It's so easy to start locs yourself, but many people are afraid to do it because it's something new and different to them, so they believe so-called 'experts' who trick them into thinking they CAN'T do it on their own, when they can. I know, because I fell into that same trap of thinking I couldn't take care of my hair myself, that I 'needed' someone else to do it (when really, it's the other way around, those people need OTHERS to keep giving them money). Not just with locs, either. For most of my life, the lies of others had me convinced that I couldn't take care of my own hair, that my hair required someone else to do it (and really, all those years people were really just messing up my hair).

Salons and 'stylists' and 'experts' run a good game, too. They convince people they NEED to let them do their hair for them, mess up people's hair, then turn around and charge more money to 'fix' problems when really they're often just making the situation worse.

Whoooo, sorry to go off on a rant, but I've had many bad experiences with other people handling my hair. Truly, it's a wonder I even have any hair at all.

But yeah, start your locs yourself and save your money.

Lexi Royall
@lexi-royall
13 years ago
9 posts
I do! I was mostly worried about looking psychotic with my hair sticking straight out, but it looks like that only really happens with backcombing. So it looks like I'll be doing my dreads some time next week.Is there any need for wax, with TnR?ly descriminate

Lexi Royall said:

So no kit, no salon! lol

The real thing I'm worried about it the fact that I'm going to school so I need to be them to be presentable, that's why I'm kind of on edge about just leaving it. But if I were to not use a kit, which method would you say is the best for getting dreads that look like dreads the fastest?

soaring eagle said:

kit= disaster

best way to dread

forget all about kits

do not spend money

thats just a scam

its that easy

and freree

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

theres never a need for wax with sany method wax is pure evil and u never ever ever want wax in dreads under any circumstances

Lexi Royall said:

I do! I was mostly worried about looking psychotic with my hair sticking straight out, but it looks like that only really happens with backcombing. So it looks like I'll be doing my dreads some time next week.
Is there any need for wax, with TnR?
ly descriminate

Lexi Royall said:

So no kit, no salon! lol

soaring eagle said:

kit= disaster

best way to dread

forget all about kits

do not spend money

thats just a scam

its that easy

and freree

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

you absolutely do not need kits backcombing tnr nothing all u need is to not comb or condition

and give em lil time

if u do jump start em ..the less u do the better

the more u let the hair dread itself the healthier and happier they will be

wax actualy prevents dreading and is the number 1 cause of dreads vbeung cut

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form