Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Am i doing a terrible job at dreading (picture)?

Andrea Schneider
@andrea-schneider
13 years ago
51 posts

i'm not sure if i'm doing a bad job with my dreads or not. i'm using the tnr method, but it's been tough because my hair is really thin and smooth. i just hope i'm not going to need to start all over again... what do y'all think?

(i know rubber bands are no good. i only wear them for a few hours)

updated by @andrea-schneider: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Andrea Schneider
@andrea-schneider
13 years ago
51 posts
hmmm. i don't know how they will turn out. the dreads are pretty small though. i don't want small dreads but my hair is so thin. i guess i will have to wait and see how they turn out :)
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
remember dreads generally thicken to the section size, so small dreads right now *thin wise* may end up pretty large in the end! they look good tho :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

they do look huge but fine u did a decent job but the sectionings kinda big and wide

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Star Mercer
@star-mercer
13 years ago
34 posts

I strted mine by backcombing, and I completely agree with what everyone has said. They will come out, if not completely, almost all the way... I backcombed mine till I had raw spots on my fingers. Then I realized it was only setting be back. I decided to go natural and let them be. They are still sectioned in the sections that I put them in, but I have had a couple of the bigger sections, split off into several different dreads... As long as you leave them be, they will be fine.

Namaste.

BONES2
@bones2
13 years ago
45 posts

looks like loose braids to me, just saying :) x

Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts
I was totally thinking that too. I was like 'damn, I gotta see what the hell tnr-ing is!'

BONES said:

looks like loose braids to me, just saying :) x

JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
13 years ago
217 posts
that's what tnr looks like when i do it, but yeah, sections waaaay too big. the dreads will fatten up A LOT. do not underestimate that!!! i wish i had made twice as many dreads as i have because they ended up getting so thick.
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
My hair is real thin too. Thin hair will never form dreads as thick as the sections. But it will thicken up as it dreads. I do agree that the rubber bands are a bad idea. Let the TnR do it's thing! It is ok if it loosens up. It needs to so that it can form real knots.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form