Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Twist n rip compared to natural. Why I would recommend natural.

JahWillProvide
@jahwillprovide
13 years ago
95 posts

SA asked me to write a discussion a while back comparing the two methods I chose. Here it is.
I love the natural method so much more because you get to watch your dreads progress whenever you decide to go feelin around, theres no way of knowing what each one will look like, and no two are exactly the same. When I did twist n rip I was always messing with them, trying to make them tighter, changing sizes whatever. about 5 6 months tnr I could pull the dreads apart and re tnr to changethe size, today, all natural I'm happy to say theses babys are so tight I could try all night and it would pointless, their there for good. to me they just look so much more beautiful seeing that first section of hairs come together and thinking this will be an awesome dread one day. It's absolute freedom not caring about what dreads are smushed when I wake up, is this one coming lose, or that one doesn't look right because I knoe given enough time they'll all be perfect. This time around the journey has meant so much more because I finally let go of what people will say think our whatever. When someone tells me to cut my hair it makes want to grow it longer because of what it means to me. I think if you believe in it go for it and u will love the results.

updated by @jahwillprovide: 01/13/15 09:03:14PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

awesome this was excelently put

ya never wake up freakig out if a dreads flat u just think how interesting it is

ive never gone any way but natural but when i see all the panicking on day 1 im glad i never tried those ways

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
rastaniel
@rastaniel
13 years ago
1 posts
This is what i have been trying to tell everyone. Just let your hair grow and you grow as well. Im glad to see im not the only one growing dreads and doing almost nothing to my hair.
Kay3
@kay3
13 years ago
4 posts
I agree! I love the process and seeing how different my hair is every day. Another thing I have experienced is that people around me are able to handle the slow change of my hair rather than such a drastic one. It's a process that you and others around you get to learn from.
Jessica Ann Hughes
@jessica-ann-hughes
13 years ago
85 posts
I used an assortment of methods. The first day they looked terrible and messy, the next, even worse. The progressively better and worse. They're all in their sections, but all the ones on top of others are still a little loose. The ones underneath are locking together wonderfully. After day one, I went natural, with the exception of large chunks of loose hair. Today is week 4 for me and I'd say they're doing amazingly. I've also been in the nice ocean water once during my journey and that helped quite a lot. What's also funny is my hair looks better and more presentable when I don't wash it. The day of my washing, it always looks terribly messy. I don't know why that is. I love them all though.
Cinderelly
@cinderelly
13 years ago
2 posts

rastaniel said:
This is what i have been trying to tell everyone. Just let your hair grow and you grow as well. Im glad to see im not the only one growing dreads and doing almost nothing to my hair.
Not that Im arguing with you, but I dont thinl that everyone is able to let that happen. I have verry smooth verry straight hair. without doi g some type of my own knotting or rubbing my hair wouldnt lock up. I do wish it was as easy for me as it is others but my hair is different than yours.
Maximilian
@maximilian
13 years ago
62 posts
Take it from me, I am a very impatient person, I am 24 and look like a toddler while standing in line. Its not a joke or a gimmick, I am seriously handicapped in the patience area. "patience is a virtue.." that I DO NOT posses lol. I am sure I have a few psychological things lol, but when it comes to dreads, i realized YOU DO'T HAVE TO DO SHIT. And one day they are PERFECT. That one day may be a long time a way, but I would much rather have PERFECT, NATURAL, CLEAN, HEALTHY locks...then getting some shabby ones in a few days and hoping they last. Quality.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form