dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

new to the site

wagerbomb
@wagerbomb
13 years ago
8 posts

hey everyone im the new guy just wanted to post and say whats up to everyone

lets see a lil about myself im new to the whole dread world my dreads are only 9 days old now

i started them by back combing them just wanted to get a head start on them

i am thinking of just letting them do what they want to do now

one of my fatties decided to split into 3 diff ones kinda pissed me off but i know now that they all have a mind of there own

i cant wait for them to fall lol back combing them kinda made them stand up lmao

so here are a few questions

i know that a lot of ppl here like to go the natural way

but i want to crochet a few of the loose hairs that are just hanging out but dont know how to do it stilli dont wnat to crochet the hole thing just the fly away ones good idea or no?

when should i wash my hair like i said its been 9 days since i got them put in and about 16 days since i washed my hair

i have the dr bronners peppermint shampoo good or not

so i think thats about all i have to ask fornowso any advice i will take

and thanks to anyone that writes back

updated by @wagerbomb: 01/13/15 08:55:32PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no do not crochet thats a very bad idea and wasdh them today u shouldnt wait u should wash em every 2-7 dats

every 3-4 is average

absolutely no crochet or wax ever

learn to accept the fly aways

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
wagerbomb
@wagerbomb
13 years ago
8 posts
lolthats what you said on my youtube post lol about the crocheting .... ok sounds like a plan i will wash them tonight
matty
@matty
13 years ago
15 posts

your hair looks really short, if i was dreading my hair as short as yours i would do neglect, so dont wory if your back combed bits fall out :)

and as SE said, do not croche or wax them unless you want shit dreads that take more time to maintain than you get to spend enjoying them

Tori
@tori
13 years ago
34 posts
Dont wash your dreads at night...you will have mold. Do it early in the day so you have plenty of time to dry!! :-)
wagerbomb
@wagerbomb
13 years ago
8 posts
thanks for all the quick replies ppl ... just a heads up from the time that i posted this till now a dread came apart all the way so i got a lil upset about it and decided to crochet it just a lil to knot it up a bit ... i also just washed my hair and its 930 at night ... oops ... but i have a towel around my head at the moment to get out some of the extra water that was left ... one other thing i was givein a tip about spraying them down with a lil salt water to tighten them up a bit good thing or not?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u never should have crochetted that was a very bad idea...backcomb falls apart thats what it does especialy in short hair but u should leave it alone and it would dread rigfht back up and take the towel off u leave the towe,l on and u will get mold they need air and to drip dry the towel holds it in till they mold

u gotta leave em alone to dread u cant force em if they fall apart they fall apart 1/2 of all backcomb dreads do but they still dread..let em

throw away the hook so u are bebver tempted to use it agaion

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tori
@tori
13 years ago
34 posts
Yeah my hair is to my butt and I backcombed. All of them came loose in different areas, but then they tightened up again and on and on. I'm 3 months in, and now I have crazy loops everywhere. Its just part of the process. Just let them do their thing. ;-)
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
13 years ago
184 posts

I never had any problems with mold while washing at night time. Maybe with a giant beaver tail that is 4 years old, but not locks that aren't even a year :P

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form