dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Should I go natural?

Matthew Poyser
@matthew-poyser
13 years ago
6 posts

Hey guys,

So I've had dreads for about 3 or 4 weeks now. Orignally I teased them with my hands. About the second week I backcombed them and put rubber bands in tips. But I really don't see these bands helping at all. It seems as though they are stopping the rest of the dread and helping come undone. I know that they are supposed to come undone a bit but the bands def aren't helping. I have a couple questions.

1. Would it be worth while to buy some shampoo? Or just get the Baking soda and apple vingar mix?

2. Should I just take all the rubber bands out and let it be? I'm actaully tired of messing with my hair and I feel this would be better but I need some ecouragement.

updated by @matthew-poyser: 01/13/15 08:54:57PM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
Definitely take those bands out ASAP! They will just slow down your progress. The maximum amount of times anyone should ever backcomb their hair is once. Pretty much your best bet is to just leave it alone now. Be patient, keep your hair clean and it will happen! Good Luck!
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
Def get the bands out and i love the BS wash and ACV rinse, tho sometimes I'm in a Dr. Bronners mood. let your hair be and let it do its own thing!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i'll just say..

echo echo echo

cause in total aggreement bands out leave em be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Matthew Poyser
@matthew-poyser
13 years ago
6 posts
Ok. So I took the bands out. Most seemed to have attached themselves to my hair in some wierd way. So they broke as they were coming off because they wouldn't just slide off. And now im gonna do my normal wash with probably salt water and baking soda. Is there anything I can use to make my hair smell really good?
Matthew Poyser
@matthew-poyser
13 years ago
6 posts
Thanks everyone. I'll try to get pics up soon!
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
I find shampoo preferable to the baking soda/acv thing. Mainly cause i found a organic shampoo that has pretty much all you might want in a pre-mixed formula (Aloe, Rosemary) for a fair price. Shampoo is just as good an option if not better but it needs to be a quality organic one. The ACV rinse though, not a bad idea though doing it more then once-twice a month seems like overkill to me at least.
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
13 years ago
393 posts
Everyone has to go "Natural" at some point. Dreadlocks continue to mature as time continues to pass.
Doobie
@doobie
13 years ago
5 posts

i personally just washed my hair about 30min ago to start all over

instead of me having to keep twisting and teasing them to keep form everyday when i wake up.

i bought a spraybottle some tea tree oil mix them together to keep your scalp moisturized to keep them from being itchy and

what not. and i also bought a soap of dr bronners lavender pur castle soap.

1 i like the way lavender smells

2 its pure castile soap.

if you dont want lavender you can get baby mild or peppermint depends on how you want your hair to smell..

GoodLuck and stay Nappy

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form