Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is That A Penis In My Dreads?!!!

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
I think we have all heard of penis envy...but what about dread envy?!!! I went to the store to today and while standing in line I finally got to see this lady from my neighborhood close up. I have seen her around before but at a distance...So, she is rightnext tome and I am checking out her dreads (which, might I add are the only ones in my community except for me!). Well, they were AMAZING!!!! And it didn't help that she seemed quite stuck up about it!! I was going to invite her to join us...but, all of a sudden it was like I was standing next to Johnny Clean with the "you are a neglect head cave woman attitude"and I got sooo annoyed. She turned her nose up at me and moved to another line!!! Wow. Has anyone ever felt this way? I wanted to go home and put on a tam. I will be 7 mos. on 1/22 and I was feeling like my progress was finally getting good...now, I hope I never see this lady again...or atleast until my dreads are waaaaaayyyyyyyy further along.
updated by @panterra-caraway: 02/15/15 05:45:21AM
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
You said it! I have never encountered such an unfriendly person in my life. Sad.

Knottysleeves said:
Wow, that seriously sucks. Definitely a dick, and we sure don't need more of those in this world!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
sounds like it ..well next time ..just laugh at her and u walk away smilling

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
Panterra, I think you and your dreads are AMAZING!! Don't let some person with a hateful attitude effect the way you feel about your progress. Maybe she was having a really bad day, like her cat died or something and she just did not feel like talking to anyone. Could be a million reasons that had nothing really to do with you personally. She could have been mentally disturbed, just never know.
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
Aww Taye! That is why I love you...thanks. You always bring it back to reason and logic...I like that.

taye said:
Panterra, I think you and your dreads are AMAZING!! Don't let some person with a hateful attitude effect the way you feel about your progress. Maybe she was having a really bad day, like her cat died or something and she just did not feel like talking to anyone. Could be a million reasons that had nothing really to do with you personally. She could have been mentally disturbed, just never know.
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
13 years ago
327 posts
I think it was Mel Gibson in disguise....but sure gooo with logic and reason..pffthhhhh ::)
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
LMAO...he does hate Jews doesn't he?!!!!! Hmmmmm...?????????

SillyWalkingMinister said:
I think it was Mel Gibson in disguise....but sure gooo with logic and reason..pffthhhhh ::)
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
13 years ago
327 posts

jews,hispanics,people with one lazy eyes,owners of 7/11s,androgynous males.paralyzed ducks,house music,two-knuckle-shuffle,japanese guys singing karoake and few other things..but jews for sure..

circumcised dicks brings his piss to a boil...
Panterra Caraway said:

LMAO...he does hate Jews doesn't he?!!!!! Hmmmmm...?????????

SillyWalkingMinister said:
Fay Brotherhood
@fay-brotherhood
13 years ago
59 posts

You never know she might have been really shy and felt under pressure to converse being in a queue with another dreadie..... or perhaps she thought yours were better than hers and didn't want to be judged lol :P

Something I have found... without meaning to generalize at all, because its a finding based on a very few people I have met..... is that some people who go down the high maintenance route are beyond help because they have never truly been in the 'dread mindset' in the first place and have not experienced that feeling of almost rebirth they give you....

One specific person I can think of was never ever really a nice person on the inside.... really negative towards people and very judgemental and I think he only got them cos they look cool, and he has spent soooo long maintaining them, and lamenting that he thinks they look crap and he misses his former glorious long hair... he has really not enjoyed his dreading journey from what I can see...... Perhaps it's karma for being so generally unpleasant and parasitic towards people throughout his life......

He referred to me as a poser when I first decided to start dreading........

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
Awesome insight, thank you so much for that. That is what I love about this forum...so many points of view. It truly gives me an opportunity to look from a different place that I would have never considered. Lovely...I appreciate your words. Much love to you. <3

Fay Brotherhood said:

You never know she might have been really shy and felt under pressure to converse being in a queue with another dreadie..... or perhaps she thought yours were better than hers and didn't want to be judged lol :P

Something I have found... without meaning to generalize at all, because its a finding based on a very few people I have met..... is that some people who go down the high maintenance route are beyond help because they have never truly been in the 'dread mindset' in the first place and have not experienced that feeling of almost rebirth they give you....

One specific person I can think of was never ever really a nice person on the inside.... really negative towards people and very judgemental and I think he only got them cos they look cool, and he has spent soooo long maintaining them, and lamenting that he thinks they look crap and he misses his former glorious long hair... he has really not enjoyed his dreading journey from what I can see...... Perhaps it's karma for being so generally unpleasant and parasitic towards people throughout his life......

He referred to me as a poser when I first decided to start dreading........

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form